2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

It's certainly possible.  I mean it's kinda crazy to me that Joe Maddon's seat is hot just two years after ending a 108 year drought, but he's also going to be 65 years old next season and with it being the last year of his deal he might be keen to call it a career.

Can't say I'd blame Girardi for wanting to hold out for that job even if it means staying out of manager a few extra years.

5 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

David Bell your new Reds manager. Brad Ausmus your new Angels manager.

Girardi has taken his name out of the mix for jobs making everyone think he plans to take over the Cubs after next season.

Funny thing is, I was hoping Ausmus would go to the Reds, Bell to the Angels.

As the resident Red Sox fan here, I'm pretty excited for the next week or so.  I know a bunch of people who are thinking Boston in 4 or 5, but I don't think it's going to be that easy.

Hopefully Price got that monkey off his back in Houston and came come through with another big start.

The Mets knocked Kim Ng out of consideration for the GM job, which is really disappointing.  I've read a theory that her time in the Yankees' front office might've actually hurt her chances because Fred Wilpon hates the Yankees and doesn't want anyone who might suggest that the Mets operate like them.  That's a ridiculously stupid reason to not hire her, but this is a ridiculously stupid ownership so it's probably true.

Meanwhile Doug Melvin, presumed favorite for the job, went on record three years ago saying that the game had passed him by and that the GM role was likely better suited for a younger, more analytically-driven person.  He's now walking back those comments despite a pretty weird quote in which he seemed to imply that he wouldn't have been as interested in the Mets job if other GM openings were available.

That'll sure be a great look once they hire him instead of Chaim Bloom who the fanbase is craving for.     

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

As the resident Red Sox fan here, I'm pretty excited for the next week or so.  I know a bunch of people who are thinking Boston in 4 or 5, but I don't think it's going to be that easy.

Hopefully Price got that monkey off his back in Houston and came come through with another big start.

As fellow resident Red Sox here I say Meacon you're missing out on all the fun!

• Like 2