Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I believe he said it's fine for people not to go to work tomorrow because England won a semi-final, because he's a dickhead.

Jesus Christ, he's going off again. YOU HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING YET. This is exactly what @metalman is talking about.

THEY'VE DONE IT! THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT! CALL YOUR BOSS, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WORK TOMORROW! ENGLAND HAVE, WAIT FOR IT, GOT ANOTHER GAME TO PLAY! UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

3 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

England are through to the finals because of diving. Really hope Italy stuff them.

Italy basically made diving an accepted thing in modern football, so...*shrugs*

World Cup, here we come! Who's up next for Scotland then? :)

*sees Scotland vs Denmark*

Motherfucker.

4 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Italy basically made diving an accepted thing in modern football, so...*shrugs*

World Cup, here we come! Who's up next for Scotland then? :)

*sees Scotland vs Denmark*

Motherfucker.

And it's why I'm hoping Italy dive and dark arts their way to winning on Sunday

• Haha 1

One last thing I'll say about the penalty is that Denmark were openly, and cynically perhaps, playing to take the match to penalty kicks basically since the 70th minute. They were staying back, parking the bus, etc. And as I said, Sterling basically dared them to give him the chance to dive and they happily obliged. It was a negative response to what were already negative tactics from Denmark.

VAR isn't going to overturn it because there was very slight contact and they've made a point to not overrule what's decided on the field unless it's *extremely* obvious as an error. And I'm hard-pressed to say this was obvious enough.

• Like 2

Just now, Lineker said:

Italy are certainly the favourites... but it's a final. One game of football. Anything is possible.

I'm just going to try and not break my ankle again.

Aye, sure, "break my ankle". Diving bastard. :rolleyes:

Just now, damshow said:

One last thing I'll say about the penalty is that Denmark were openly, and cynically perhaps, playing to take the match to penalty kicks basically since the 70th minute. They were staying back, parking the bus, etc. And as I said, Sterling basically dared them to give him the chance to dive and they happily obliged. It was a negative response to what were already negative tactics from Denmark.

VAR isn't going to overturn it because there was very slight contact and they've made a point to not overrule what's decided on the field unless it's *extremely* obvious as an error. And I'm hard-pressed to say this was obvious enough.

Yeah, to be real for a moment, England were the better team, since at least half-time.

I love this England team. So many world class young players, they will really miss Kane when he goes. Southgate was never getting the credit he deserved, and I'm glad he is now. That game with Denmark was a great display of two managers making tactical changes and reacting to the game and each other's decisions, it was a great semi final. The team's calm rejection of the British press has been excellent.

If England don't win Euro2020, they have every chance of winning it next time. Who knows what this will do for the World Cup campaign too.

It's just a shame so many English football fans are utter dickbags.

3 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

What I would love to know is what the reaction would have been if Denmark had won from a penalty given for that foul.

I'd be annoyed, but the prospect of Denmark beating Italy in the final would help me quickly forget.