MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

Marcus Stroman has abandoned his rehab from a calf tear and opted out of the season.

I don't begrudge anyone for opting out, but the timing of it (waiting until right as he hit the 6-year accrued service time mark to ensure free agency) would seem to imply that he was always going to opt-out as soon as he could, injury or not.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

What a metsy trade that was!

Yep.  I didn't like the trade when they made it as they were still like six games out of a playoff spot.  Wasn't too high on Anthony Kay but he still would've been cost controlled for a long while, Simeon Woods-Richardson was the piece I really hated giving up.  The only silver lining for the trade was that it wasn't a two-month rental and Stroman would effectively replace Zack Wheeler since they were never going to re-sign him.  And now that's out the window.  Two prospects for 11 starts on a team that still finished three games out of the playoffs.

The Mets will give him the qualifying offer because they pretty much have to, but even without pitching this year I think he'll be in line for a pretty big contract as it's not a great market for starters, he and Bauer will be viewed as the most attractive options because both will only be going into their age 30 season.

13 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Baltimore Orioles are 10-7 and can mash.

I'm having a blast with this team.

And only a couple innings away from 11-7 when we resume this lead against the Nats. 

The team of misfit toys giving us some good times. 

3 minutes ago, Slogger said:

And only a couple innings away from 11-7 when we resume this lead against the Nats. 

The team of misfit toys giving us some good times. 

I think I brought it up here when the season was reduced to 60 games but this is just a prime year for teams with no business competing loading up on random one-year guys to make something out of nothing.

What I'm saying is the O's should sign Puig.

• Like 1

Just now, damsher hatfield said:

I think I brought it up here when the season was reduced to 60 games but this is just a prime year for teams with no business competing loading up on random one-year guys to make something out of nothing.

What I'm saying is the O's should sign Puig.

Pretty sure I saw that we wanted him but he decided to go to the Braves before he got the 'Rona.