MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

21 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Are you also a Boston fan that somehow mysteriously lost your love for the game this year, too? :lol:

Cardinals actually. And I lost the love probably 3-4 years ago. 

3 hours ago, DYSI said:

Isn't he the Stat guy that got hired to be a major league manager? I doubt he lasts his contract the way he's alienating his own players - future superstars no less. 

Yep.  And had spent a ton of time with the Rangers organization

3 hours ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Are you also a Boston fan that somehow mysteriously lost your love for the game this year, too? :lol:

I've been watching Korean games, tyvm.  And I saw half a Tigers game last week.

This whole thing with Fernando Tatis Jr. And the rangers is ridiculous. If you don't want to watch a guy who leads the league in HR hit a freaking grand slam, maybe don't pitch him a gopher ball...like I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt, but maybe next time just walk him. Watching that ball go over the fence should make you want to be better so he doesn't do that next time, not pitch at the next dude's body.

Wasn't it last year or the year before where Baltimore started off hot in April, or well, hot for the Orioles, and people were like "Whoa! Look out!" and they still won only 50-or so games. 

It was 2017! They didn't win 50-some games, but they did still finish dead last I believe. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Wasn't it last year or the year before where Baltimore started off hot in April, or well, hot for the Orioles, and people were like "Whoa! Look out!" and they still won only 50-or so games. 

It was 2017! They didn't win 50-some games, but they did still finish dead last I believe. 

They played really well until around Memorial Day that year and then just utterly collapsed. And it's basically been that way since.

They were out of it by the trade deadline because they almost moved Britton to Houston but Angelos vetoed the deal. If they tried harder they probably could have moved Machado that year too and gotten a whole hell of a lot more than they did.