MLB 2020/2021 Off-Season Thread

The Buscher

lol he's gonna have Reds fans defending him to the end because his dad is a famous Reds broadcaster. Hope you get covid, motherfucker.

hi I'm in the baseball thread.

Edited by Sousa

Jeff Passan faced some backlash on Twitter as well because he quoted Brennaman directly in a tweet expressing disgust over his words.  He's since deleted the tweet and apologized.  While his intentions of the tweet may have been pure, and I have no reason to believe he meant any harm, it's still recycling a horrible word.

Something like "Thom Brennaman said a homophobic slur" would've told the story just fine.  At bare minimum if you're repeating a quote with a slur you should censor the slur itself.

13 hours ago, Sousa said:

lol he's gonna have Reds fans defending him to the end because his dad is a famous Reds broadcaster. Hope you get covid, motherfucker.

hi I'm in the baseball thread.

It's a Reds' tradition to be shitty. I'm sure that somewhere out there, Marge Schott is looking up and smiling.

• Like 3

Wednesday was the first day since July 26th that all 30 teams played on the same day.

And that streak is now over already as the Mets have a player and staff member test positive in Miami.  At bare minimum the Subway Series this weekend is likely wiped out even if there is no outbreak, as the standard procedure MLB's been following is to test the entire team several days in a row to ensure it was an isolated incident and not an outbreak.

• Sad 1

Wrong. Apparently they can catch Covid-19 right. :shifty:

People on Facebook were asking how the Red Sox beat the Phillies. Got quite a bit of likes to my response: "Bryce Harper played".

Edited by GhostMachine

1 hour ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Yeah, his .350 average and .475 OBP is really bringing them down, not their terrible pitching staff. All Bryce. 

a. It was a joke.

b. He's overrated as a defender. 

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Bryce Harper has been a bum ever since he didn't sign with us. A BUM! 

Sorry channeled my dad there for a second :P 

That hair is luscious though.