UEFA Europa League 2020/21

Lineker

I thought for a moment that Spurs had gotten Wolfsberg but nope, it's some Austrian team that's currently 7th in their 12 team league. Still, they did finish above CSKA Moscow and Feyernoord in their group, so perhaps an upset? (no)

Sociedad will not be easy and I am still traumatised by Sevilla >_> 

5 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I thought for a moment that Spurs had gotten Wolfsberg but nope, it's some Austrian team that's currently 7th in their 12 team league. Still, they did finish above CSKA Moscow and Feyernoord in their group, so perhaps an upset? (no)

Sociedad will not be easy and I am still traumatised by Sevilla >_> 

Join the club :(

Sociedad is a tough game but honestly it's one of them of which one turns up. The one which drew the majority of its group games or the one that's topping La Liga with one loss.  United need to start playing from the get go rather than suddenly come to life when they are behind. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Arsenal and Manchester United will play the first legs of their Europa League last-32 matches at neutral venues in Italy next Thursday.

Arsenal’s away leg against Benfica is being moved to Rome and United’s game against Real Sociedad, due to take place in San Sebastian, has been switched to Juventus’s Allianz Stadium in Turin.

The UK is implementing strict coronavirus quarantine rules around people returning from Portugal, which has forced Arsenal’s match to be moved from Lisbon. Portugal is on a “red list” of countries drawn up by the British government.

United said their venue had changed “because of Spanish government restrictions on travellers entering the country from England, due to the new Covid-19 variant”. They added that the return at Old Trafford the following Thursday “remains unchanged”.

Arsenal’s second leg will be an issue, with Benfica barred from entering the UK. No decision has been taken on a venue for that match.

The first legs of Liverpool’s and Manchester City’s Champions League ties against RB Leipzig and Borussia Mönchengladbach have been moved to Budapest.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't miss three one on ones in the first 20mins of a European tie and expect to go through. We fucked it against Sevilla after missing loads of big chances, that time Martial and tonight Rashford. They have previous too.

At least we did get that goal eventually, but whatever the score ends up now, it should have been more comfortable.