Cyberpunk 2077

GoGo Yubari

I was like "this game feels big enough that it's dominating the last couple pages of General Gaming and that's before people have gotten deep enough into it to start discussing story stuff, someone should probably make a thread for it," and then I realized that I'm someone and so here's a thread.

• Like 5

Despite all the negativity surrounding this so far, I have enjoyed some of the characters people have created so far. I don't know how deep the facial features/hair options are, but from what I've seen, you can make yours look really different to others.

I am going to do the smart thing and wait for a proper PS5 version though, unless the game gets one or two big patches in the coming months.

I was quite bummed you could not change the body sizes of the characters.

I cannot play until Christmas Day when my better half gives me the game as a present. Maybe they will have a patch out in 2 weeks to fix some of the bugs? 

8 minutes ago, Mick said:

Boobs and seizures. What more do you want from a game :shifty: 

Seizure inducing boobs?

btw, as an example of what I meant in General Gaming by "the hypersexualized ads in the game is a commentary on consumerism", look at this (spoilered for NSFW, not an actual story spoiler)

Spoiler

TSiraKh.jpg

Yeah, that's got Robocop vibes all over it.

I preordered it on the PS5 so I'm not overly worried about the bugs but I'm also not planning to get into it right away. I wish I had waited a bit now, maybe? I have to finish Spiderman and Demons Souls before I start it so probably could have waited till it got properly patched but I'm still hyped for it so don't really regret it.

I only this year got round to playing the Witcher 3 and it was every bit as amazing as it was hyped so I was happy to jump on board with Cyberpunk early. Have a lot of faith in CDPR.

Played for a few hours last night. Aside from a few clipping issues, I haven't seen any bugs. 

I'm finding it a bit harder to get into than the Witcher, but I'm still enjoying it (without really being blow away). I'm glad I've ignored 90% of the online hype for the game though, I glanced at the subreddit and man that place looks toxic. 

I loved Ms. LL's reaction when I went into the other room to ask her for some help and revealed what I needed help with was picking between penis 1 and penis 2. The absolute shock was hysterical but then she followed it with what I think is a very fair question, "If the game is first person then why does it matter what kind of dick you have?"

• Haha 3

Also, it says a lot about cinematic CG technology that I still have to convince family that the suit-wearing Keanu in the CP2077 commercials is not CG but the actual Keanu Reeves.

I see on Reddit and Twitter that people are not happy with the character creation. Wasn't it supposed to be super, super detailed? 

I think people equated "You can play a dude with a vagina" to "You can make anything yo".

It's not a bad chargen creator, especially for a first person game. But it was less than people expected. I'd have loved more tattoo options myself. I love the patterns they do have, but I'd love to be able to mix and match instead of just having presets.