2021 EWB Fantasy Football Symposium

Maxx

Somehow we're just a bit more than a week away from our typical draft day.   Time, am I right fellas?

Here is where we indicate our continued interest in playing fantasy football again.   The A League is now old enough to see an R Rated movie without its parents.   To celebrate everyone gets to say fuck at least once, use it wisely!  The B-League will surely resume again, proud little entity that it is.  @HC do your thing man.

This is also where we discuss changes to rules and rosters and such.  Like the Covid related rules SOME PEOPLE abused to win championships by rostering half the league. <_<

And the B League's continued insistence on running a TE only position.  Travis Kelce was the #1 TE, finished with 34 more points than Darren Waller who was #2 and who finished with 102 more points than the 3rd highest scoring TE.  And my guess is none of you off the top of your heads would know who the 3rd highest scoring TE was.  Robert FuckingTonyan.   It's a joke position with no depth! Kelce scores like a top 5 WR, Waller scores like a top 10 WR, and every other TE scores like a sub 35 WR.   Okay phew, been sitting on this rant since the end of last season when I couldn't get any production out of my TE position, LIKE NEARLY EVERYONE ELSE KILL IT OFF ALREADY

But yeah,  open to other suggestions too.  Anyone want to do Kicker League again?

22 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is also where we discuss changes to rules and rosters and such.  Like the Covid related rules SOME PEOPLE abused to win championships by rostering half the league. <_<

I don't know who you are talking about :unsure:

I still think TEs should be a position but I'm fine with continuing with last year's roster format. 

8 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

I'm fine with keeping kickers

TEs we can merge with a WR slot

First, I have already jettisoned the TE position, years ago.  It's a B League only problem, because they are scared of innovation!

Second, I didn't mean get rid of kickers, they shall remain always.  I was talking about running the additional kickers only league again.  We used to have weird 3rd leagues here and there.  Once it was an auction, I think we tried and failed with Bad QB league.  Kicker only league.  Really exploring all the stupid things Yahoo lets you do.

I don’t know how to further break it down to show how insanely lopsided it is.  It’s so bad that it makes the case for Kelce to be the first overall pick because no other position has that kind of insane drop off in value.

Two people, maybe three if we’re lucky, get viable top end weekly production out of the spot, the other nine or ten players get inconsistent, sporadic scoring from the position.  If you didn’t have to use a TE, most of them wouldn’t be drafted because the majority of them aren’t a good source of consistent scoring.  It’s not just oh Kelce is better than everyone else, that happens at every position.  It’s everyone besides Darren Waller is significantly worse than Kelce.  You get the 4th best QB, WR or RB and you’re in great shape.  4th best TE?  Not so much.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

I don’t know how to further break it down to show how insanely lopsided it is.  It’s so bad that it makes the case for Kelce to be the first overall pick because no other position has that kind of insane drop off in value.

Two people, maybe three if we’re lucky, get viable top end weekly production out of the spot, the other nine or ten players get inconsistent, sporadic scoring from the position.  If you didn’t have to use a TE, most of them wouldn’t be drafted because the majority of them aren’t a good source of consistent scoring.  It’s not just oh Kelce is better than everyone else, that happens at every position.  It’s everyone besides Darren Waller is significantly worse than Kelce.  You get the 4th best QB, WR or RB and you’re in great shape.  4th best TE?  Not so much.

You might as well just be talking to a brick wall. I've tried to convey this to one of the other leagues I play in and they don't get it. So many just want to keep the tradition around despite the uselessness.