Maxx

19 hours ago, Maxx said:

@snowbird

@Essa

@DFF

@DavidMarrio

@DYSI

@Jake O. Rhodes

You guys playing again?  Need more B-League confirmations here!

Ay I'm in 

So by my count we're at 11 in A League and 10 in B League.   What happens next kind of hinges on HC.  He turns up around draft time, he's 11th in B league.  Then he and I both join the other league to round it out to 12. 

Or, if he doesn't show up, I cover running it this year and am the 11th entrant in B League, then we need two other people to pull double duty.  

Or, we run 11s, ooo so weird, and have bye weeks. 

Or someone else handles all the goings on of running the draft, setting up the league anew in Yahoo and putting in the rosters, scoring, etc etc for B League and you can just stay at 10.  I don't mind running both leagues, got a decent amount of free time to do it right now.

A
Maxx
LL
DMN
Lowerdeck
Livid
Damshow
Lineker
Srar
Dragsy
Plubby
Lint

B
Krabby
Berober
Pooker
Slogger
Snowbird
DFF
DYSI
Essa
Jake O Rhodes
DavidMarrio

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, always do way worse in this league than any other. I blame the lack of the TE position.

Actually would be interested to know how the TE affects team success, I guess like WAR in baseball, how many wins does having one of the top 2 actually add?

I'm not saying we should have the position or not (my only argument in favour is that it's more reflective of the real sport, but even that's not as true as it once was), just intrigued. My other leagues I basically just stream TEs and do alright.

Unless you are consistently drafting Travis Kelce, the TE position wouldn’t be doing anything but hurting you.  Leaving it in creates a position where the people who draft Kelce and Waller are getting an extra Top 5 and Top 15 WR, and everyone else has gets to fill that spot with a sub 25 receiver.  If there were like 4 more TEs close to Waller’s numbers I’d be comfortable running the position.  But he’s 100 points ahead of the 3rd best TE.  That’s a massive gap. 

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/8/16/16155198/fantasy-football-tight-ends

this article was written in 2017, around the time we ditched the position.  It’s only gotten worse since then.  Probably should take the suggestion of turning it into WR/TE rather than WR/TE/RB though 🤔

So, the plan is to start the drafts on Monday, the 2nd.  Hoping that HC will pop up over the weekend and even things out for us.  Otherwise, I'll need a different B-Leaguer to step up to the plate and pull double duty in A League.

As a new member of the league, you have to go through the same rookie hazing everyone else did and only draft every other round picking mostly TEs. I don't make the rules.