FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

18 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

OK, taking off your goalkeeper may be nice for themselves, but it feels like it's disrespectful.

That's fine, but they had a meaningless group game to do stuff like this, this is a knockout round fixture.

They used that game to do the same thing for Ederson.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

OK, taking off your goalkeeper may be nice for themselves, but it feels like it's disrespectful.

That's fine, but they had a meaningless group game to do stuff like this, this is a knockout round fixture.

He was the only player in the squad without game BECAUSE they used the last group game to play everyone else. 

• Like 2

We have a huge Brazilian population in my area.  Big traffic bottleneck driving home from work yesterday as I pass numerous Brazilian restaurants that were all packed to the gills as the game had just ended and cars were spilling out of the lots and parked out in the roads, etc.

Thankfully the finals are on a Sunday.  If the finals were on a weekday I would seriously call out.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Well done to Luis Enrique for making sure his players practiced 1000 penalties each before being selected for the World Cup, I guess.

It just shows that the psychology of high-pressure situations is more complicated than just repetitive practice.