Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

Forest are apparently close to bidding £40m for Morgan Gibbs-White, which is fucking mental.

Forty million. Forty. Four Zero.

3 hours ago, FLiam said:

Copied from his Wikipedia page:

“Despite his talent and ability, however, he has come under criticism in the media over his behaviour off the pitch, and has also been accused in the media of lacking professionalism, as well as having a poor attitude and a difficult character, which has led him to have conflicts with several of his managers.”

Isn't his mum his agent and is meant to be an absolute nightmare to work with? 

1 hour ago, ģå.żž said:

Forest are apparently close to bidding £40m for Morgan Gibbs-White, which is fucking mental.

Forty million. Forty. Four Zero.

It's one of those scenarios in which Forest know they need another striker, while other teams know they need a striker and can inflate their asking prices. Plus it's a young English player, and that probably doubles the fee. It's silly, but it's desperation in action.

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Isn't his mum his agent and is meant to be an absolute nightmare to work with? 

Is she the one who went viral for basically fighting with Mbappe's family in the crowd at a PSG game once? Think it was Mbappe anyway...

I think I'm slowly coming around on the potential Rabiot signing. He's not a creative midfielder but United have like 22 playmakers already and try to play them all together so we don't really need another one. Obvious disadvantages being that lack of creative output (low goals, assists, chances created) and potential problems with his mother and his attitude (former I think more of an issue than the latter).

Advantages? He creates turnovers. Highest pressure regains of any at Juve last season - by some margin too. And he covers a lot of ground - most sprint yards covered total, second most per 90, only Cuadrado was at his level at Juve. And he's a big strong guy who can be used as an outlet if needed. Pragmatism is part of the Cruyffian philosophy that ETH follows and sometimes you gotta go long. The fact that despite his drawbacks he plays 40+ games a season for Juve, is a starter for France and doesn't ever seem to get injured (30+ games a season for 8 of the last 9 seasons, and the one where he didn't was because PSG benched him for not signing a new contract) are all good signs.

You do need a few nasty players, but they have to be the right kind of nasty. I think he might be the right kind of nasty.

Fuck Arnautovic though, dude can go fuck himself.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

The photograph makes it look like they just slapped a jersey on some guy

Romano just posts photoshops of the relevant player in the new club kit, for whatever reason.

That is a particularly rubbish one.

I don't see Rabiot going any way other than signing him for 3-4 years, him wanting out after 1, and us having to cover his wages for the majority of the remainder of his deal while he plays elsewhere.

There's talk he could go to Monaco if they beat PSV in the CL qualifier so I'm clinging to that at the moment.

It’ll only be for one year, but the Werner-Nkunku link-up has the potential to be all kinds of madness.

Sesko has also signed for Leipzig, albeit loaned back to Salzburg. Don’t know anything about him in all fairness, but makes sense that it has been structured with Nkunku’s release clause next summer in mind.

• Thanks 1