Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

7 hours ago, MadJack said:

At this rate there will be no wonderkids left for FM23.

Marcus Bent is available

• Confused 1

It definitely seems like Ajax have MASSIVELY held United to the fire and force them to overpay. To the tune of almost half of his actual value. As long as Antony doesn't let that pressure get to him and he performs for United, the fee won't matter much in the end with how much money United bring in a season to cover that fee.

I think he's got a lot to prove though. He was good for Ajax, but never really the star man for them. Haller and Tadic were the key pieces there, and it's not like Antony was a huge provider for them either. I'm sure he will score some goals and get some assists too, but I think he's going to be found out as below both Rashford and Sancho in quality on the wings.

29 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Antony to Man Utd from Ajax for £85m + add ons is pretty much done.

Not sure how I feel about this one.

It’s a way bigger fee than I feel comfortable with. Hopefully I’m wrong and he turns out great.

• Like 1

Ajax have fully pulled our pants down with this deal, but they didn't have to/want to sell up, I feel like if we did it earlier in the transfer window we could have got it cheaper but in typical United fashion its been left to late

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Seems the £85m fee is inclusive of add ons. Not sure what the initial fee is up front, but I would expect the final amount to be easily attainable, as opposed to silly Balon D'or type clauses.

Was going to say wasn't the initial bid we did the same amount minus add ons, because they rejected a €100mil bid earlier in the week