Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

3 hours ago, MadJack said:

Manchester United are, because the club is fucking stupid, open to selling James Garner.

Apparently us and Forest interested. That'd be a club signing on our part, definitely not Conte. What type of player is he - I imagine our interest isn't overly serious. 

2 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Be interesting to see how he does given he died in 2014.

He'd still be more effective in midfield than Fred or McTominay

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Apparently us and Forest interested. That'd be a club signing on our part, definitely not Conte. What type of player is he - I imagine our interest isn't overly serious. 

Originally starting out a deep sitting midfielder - think late Fergie Carrick - but last season at Forest he was an excellent box to box player. He's quite physical and has really quite intelligent movement into the box for his age.

He's bored of Champions League semi-finals and wants to test himself in a Carabao Cup third round away tie at Preston.

• Haha 1

Its a weird signing. Not in terms of his quality. He's a brilliant player but it screams "I'm getting a payday here"

Plus he's not exactly the Ten Hag style of midfielder. 

Then again it's better than playing Eriksen as one of the deepest midfielders or McTominay/Fred

A big name signing that will cost a lot, offer only short term gains if any, that the manager will have to facilitate whether he likes it or not?

Sounds like a Man Utd signing.

There was like a half decade where the words "Casemiro to Man Utd" would've made me immediately think it was a borderline transformative addition to their squad. But in 2022 it's just a dreadful move, gets them nowhere closer in the long-term and just lets Real Madrid recoup value for someone they're just about ready to move on from.

Casemiro is ridiculously good though and improves our midfield instantly. So would Fabian Delph but that's not the point. Yes he's almost 31, but he's also one of the best DMs in world football. 

I don't watch Brazil often but apparently Fred actually looks half decent next to him so we'll see.

All that said, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 2