Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Lol this is fucked. Maguire was grabbed in the box twice yesterday for ages, no replays or VAR checks. Haaland is pulled slightly by Cucurella today and it's an immediate pen.

Not to mention that Haaland pulled the shirt first to get ahead of Cucurella.

Was an inevitability with Anthony Taylor though.

He did impede Haaland as the ball came in, but once again it's the inconsistency of it all. Some are given, others not. And it's worse when obvious fouls aren't even looked at. It literally took grainy UFO style footage of the foul on Maguire yesterday to surface because there were no replays or checks.

On one hand I quite enjoyed hearing what that VAR process was in the excruciating 4 minutes of not having a clue stood up in the East Stand, but on the other making Michael Owen cry is brilliant. That VAR show has everything.

• Like 1

It's a clear red, to the extent it's as bad a ref miss as inexplicably forgetting to book a player for taking a shirt off, but I think it's fairly clear they were lenient off the back of bottling Havertz.

It's a petulant flap, if you asked me which of those I'd rather be "assaulted" by it's Bruno's every time, and that's pretty much what the independent panel concluded.