Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

I need a moan. So I've been a member with the club for over a decade and they've changed it so you register interest for the Prem games. They do it normally so if you've been 12+/4+/everyone else in terms of first priority. Last time I got close to 12 prem games was 11 the season we had Benteke up front under Klopp so you can imagine clubs more popular and been doing well more people register. 

I only get the cup games because I've been going to them for years and watched some turgid campagins in the Europa League and that one Champions League one inder Brendan. 

Got the results for the second half of the season. So with the already limited amount of seats available to members, the below are the results. Over 40,000 in the ballot waiting list for a game against friggin Burnley. 30 quid a year to enter a raffle. Think Wolves couldn't register for with it being the final game. 

Screenshot_20240123_205736_Outlook.jpg

• Like 1

We've got the same problem but none of that transparency. They haven't revealed the number of memberships (and rumour says they never capped it), they don't say how many have gone in for ballots, and there's no weighting towards previous attendance or years membership. It's causing lots of grumpiness, but the Supporters Trust are only just starting to grow the balls to criticise the regime as they were only ever set up as a protest group against Ashley so have spent two years worshipping Saudi. Ironically they've actually improved away ticketing (adding ID checks so those with high loyalty points can't just tout tickets) but they're grumpy about that too for some reason...

You wonder if this will galvanise Liverpool's title effort, or distract from it.

Will be a huge, huge loss for the club like - he's dragged them back to the top of the English game and kept them there after what, 25 years of inconsistency and relative underachievement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

You wonder if this will galvanise Liverpool's title effort, or distract from it.

Will be a huge, huge loss for the club like - he's dragged them back to the top of the English game and kept them there after what, 25 years of inconsistency and relative underachievement.

I honestly think it will distract from it, speaking for myself, this is such a huge blow. I never want this season to end.

• Like 1

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. 

He fit the club and the city itself so much. His values were very much that of the people here and he's given me some absolutely fantastic memories. Three Champions League finals and a 6th trophy, the battle with City in two seperate title challenges, several cups and importantly the league title. 

There's a weird tone in the video. Not to speculate but it feels potentially a health related matter? 'I'm running out of energy.... I will have to announce it at some point' is a quote to take note of

Absolutely adore the guy. Best manager of my lifetime for Liverpool and thank him for the amazing times. Hopefully we finish this season on a high

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. 

He fit the club and the city itself so much. His values were very much that of the people here and he's given me some absolutely fantastic memories. Three Champions League finals and a 6th trophy, the battle with City in two seperate title challenges, several cups and importantly the league title. 

There's a weird tone in the video. Not to speculate but it feels potentially a health related matter? 'I'm running out of energy.... I will have to announce it at some point' is a quote to take note of

Absolutely adore the guy. Best manager of my lifetime for Liverpool and thank him for the amazing times. Hopefully we finish this season on a high

I am sorry to keep clogging this up with posts...

This is so well put, the man truly fit the club. It was more than a man in charge of the team, as a human being he encapsulated Liverpool Football Club and Liverpool as a city. It was the perfect fit.  Obviously this day was always going to come eventually, it must be how much granddad felt when Shankly left. It's just an absolute body blow. I can't even begin to think who might take over after, as ridiculous as it sounds I cannot see anyone else fitting in the same way Jurgen did.

7 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Don't forget it'll coincide perfectly with the Euros and the end of Nagelsmann's contract. If I were speculating that's what it would be.

He's been a brilliant manager, and for all that he's incredibly irritating at times (his moans that are "for the good of the game", that ridiculous look away when he has a fairly unimportant penalty) I'd love him if he were at my club. Passionate, intelligent, and it obviously helps that his views on football being for fans and general political standpoint align with my own.

• Like 1

The "running out of energy" always makes me think a coach is planning to transition to TV. Klopp has the whole aura for TV, that's for sure.

But my real guess is he takes a year off and shows up somewhere else. Regardless of his values, I'd have thought Saudi Arabia was an opportunity if not for how miserable everyone over there seems. Maybe it'll be a club at a smaller scale, similar to how his career started.

51 minutes ago, Adam said:

Optimistically speaking, I'd hope it was already known internally for a while (and it seems he told FSG in November of his intentions) and wouldn't make a difference. But of course, if it doesn't end up happening it'll painted as because of Jurgen leaving.

It's really surprising in one way but; he's in his 60s, he's a grandfather, and he cut short a break to manage Liverpool initially 9 years ago.

Comparably Shankley-esque in terms of his impact on the club. I'm kinda nervous as to who follows him.