Sony Megathread 2024

Maxx

On 27/12/2023 at 10:13, Kaney said:

I did this. I cannot say with any certainty that I'm having any kind of fun when playing it, there's no real storyline, there's no actual characters that I have come across, there's only a slight sense of novelty and yet I look forward everytime to jumping back into it. Weird.

Maybe you could apply this kind of energy to powerwashing the walk outside the house <_<

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

A State of Play showcase will take place on Wednesday. Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin are the only two confirmed participants so far, but the show will last around 40 minutes and include "more than 15 games heading to PS5 and PSVR2". Death Stranding 2 seems likely as the subtitle was apparently leaked a few days ago, and a prominent leaker mentioned a multiplayer FPS called Concord.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 16:32, Maxx said:

Maybe you could apply this kind of energy to powerwashing the walk outside the house <_<

I had a go. I washed the van. I washed 4 rocks and a bit of fence. Then I realised I might as well just tidy up.

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

New Silent Hill game out today and it's free! 😮 

A first-person game in the Silent Hill universe shadow dropped for free? Let's hope that's not as cursed as the last one.

I remember saying years ago that Metro would be a great series for a VR game. If only I had several hundreds of pounds spare.

• Like 1

Oh, brilliant. More slow walking through tar while Hideo Kojima's overwritten characters ramble on.

Actually, I really liked Death Stranding. I'm completely aware of how unappealing it is to many people, though.

And it has a little talking monkey Guillermo Del Toro toy. I'm on board.

5 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

What the absolute fuck is this?

You took the words out of my mouth. Why do people have a pair of rubber gloves on their shoulders that serve as a face mask but can also help you light your cigarette? Why is Norman Reedus carrying around a doll that has come to life? Why is the Joker shooting lightning out of a guitar?

Actually, that last one got a laugh out of me just for the sheer spectacle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Your Mom said:

New Silent Hill game out today and it's free! 😮 

I just played what I assume is half of it. It's not a fun game (walking sim), but the story and atmosphere are really good. I almost deleted the game because...

Spoiler

One point you're running from the monster in a maze, and I couldn't figure out where to go and I kept dying. It stopped being scary.

I'll probably finish it up tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, apsham said:

Someone really, really has to figure out what kind of dirt Kojima has on the industry because good lord.

Also why does the puppet sound like a character from Pyjama Sam?

Good lord yes. Fuck Kojima the creepy little incel.

• 2 weeks later...

More like HellYeahDivers 2.  Lots of fun with it so far and have found it scales in difficulty really well.