Sony Megathread 2024

Maxx

On 09/02/2024 at 10:33, Maxx said:

More like HellYeahDivers 2.  Lots of fun with it so far and have found it scales in difficulty really well.

They announced today that all attention should be diverted to the planets that the automatons just invaded. I don’t know if you’ve given any of the robot missions a try, but HOLY SHIT. The difficulty ramps up by like half. You really have to strategize and plan, because walking into a base will get you murdered fast.

The atmosphere of some of those planets, with (basically) Terminators walking around is incredible. I love this game.

If anyone (you too!) wants to play together, my PSN is on my profile.

6 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I've seen a lot of people enjoying that game. Is that one that you have to play with other people?

You don’t HAVE to, but as you ramp up the difficulty it becomes more necessary to complete objectives.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone here play Sifu? It's the only playstation plus game this month that's interesting to me but not sure if it turned out well after the hype.

has PS Plus gone weird for anyone else? If I try and sort the available free games by "Recently Added to PS Plus", it's just a ton of old games that have been on there for months at the top, not the most recent ones. 

6 hours ago, Skummy said:

has PS Plus gone weird for anyone else? If I try and sort the available free games by "Recently Added to PS Plus", it's just a ton of old games that have been on there for months at the top, not the most recent ones. 

Yeah, I noticed that also. I might have to see if I can find a website that keeps a better chronological list until they fix that.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a PS5! And this very sexy Prince Purple controller. 

Has anyone played Pacific Drive? It has me curious, but not sure if $25 curious. Also would love any hidden gem recommendations. Obviously I have Spider-Man 2 and am excited to play FF7, but I'm sure there are a lot of quiet exclusives I'm out of the loop on! 

PXL_20240401_193204628.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zero said:

Has anyone played Pacific Drive? It has me curious, but not sure if $25 curious. Also would love any hidden gem recommendations. Obviously I have Spider-Man 2 and am excited to play FF7, but I'm sure there are a lot of quiet exclusives I'm out of the loop on! 

Welcome to the club! I have the pink controller and love it.

What kinda games do you enjoy? Because my go-to recommendations are very 'me' choice (Baulders Gate 3 & Octopath Traveler 2)

2 hours ago, zero said:

Can't really go wrong with God of War Ragnarok.

I also really want to try Pacific Drive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ghost of Tsushima's PC release requires a PSN account to play. Normally, that would be a minor inconvenience, but there are several countries in which PSN isn't available, meaning that people who live there can't buy the game. There was a similar issue with Helldivers 2 until Sony backtracked, so perhaps they'll do it again here, but it's bad PR. It hasn't been a good week for console manufacturers making frustrating decisions.

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Ghost of Tsushima's PC release requires a PSN account to play. Normally, that would be a minor inconvenience, but there are several countries in which PSN isn't available, meaning that people who live there can't buy the game. There was a similar issue with Helldivers 2 until Sony backtracked, so perhaps they'll do it again here, but it's bad PR. It hasn't been a good week for console manufacturers making frustrating decisions.

Doubly scummy because during the whole PSN-Helldivers row they promised that Ghost wouldn't have PSN integration, so they spent no time at all to renege.