Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Naldo's great. I never knew he was that good until I signed him for peanuts. I renamed him Ronaldo (his actual name, Naldo sounded retarded) and suddenly his stats shot up and he's been on the pitch or the bench all season. I really wasn't expecting him to be that good.

A few great frees I got were:

Aruna (from Anderlecht)

Hatem Trabelsi (from a Turkish team)

Mathiu Flamini (Liverpool)

Julio Cesar (yes, Julio Cesar. Inter released his on a free. Ironically, Klos keeps him on the bench)

Francisco Javier Farinos (got him for free, pushed Ferguson out of teh first team, sold him in a season for 6.5 million which is a big amount for a Scottish-based player)

Some were crap though and never got to play and are now leaving on bosmans: Hakan Yakin, Koc Okan.

In other news, I played my first game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and drew 2-2. But, this was the second time I played them, because the game fucked up when I was winning 2-0 the first time around! :angry:

But all I need is a draw 0-0 or 1-1 to beat them at Ibrox. Jose sucks (and is also Portuguese national manager). After that I'm guessing I'mm get knocked out by a bigger club like Milan, or Man United.

And I better advance on those FIFA rankings dammut. <_<

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's a super star, him Kaka and Robinho for years on CM/FM have been my transfer targets to start the game.  Tragically all three of them are getting more real world attention making it more expensive to sign them :(

I remember buying people like Ronaldinho and Robben on CM years ago, not really having a clue who they are and now they are superstars.

I'm telling you, real life managers these days have it easy. Play FM for about 5 seasons and then you find out all the quality players for the future.

He's a super star, him Kaka and Robinho for years on CM/FM have been my transfer targets to start the game.  Tragically all three of them are getting more real world attention making it more expensive to sign them :(

I remember buying people like Ronaldinho and Robben on CM years ago, not really having a clue who they are and now they are superstars.

I'm telling you, real life managers these days have it easy. Play FM for about 5 seasons and then you find out all the quality players for the future.

Also, I now agree with Mudda that co-ownership is a whore. I can't offer them to anyone, or even transfer list them. GO AWAY :'(

Gah, every time I see the qualification stages of the Champions League, I wish I was a smaller club, so I could be in it. Someone from a shit league, like Linfield or HJK.

But when I play as them, I want to be someone bigger.

:crying:

Also also, anyone noticed that you can choose to start in April 2004 OR April 2005 if you include a Scandinavian nation? Anyone know why? It'd be cool to start one season into the game (without needing to go on holiday for a season), because stuff will have changed. In every game I start, the same clubs sign the same players and do the same things (I know why, before Malenko explains it :P). So if the computer generates a year beforehand, it'll all be different. Huzzah.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Clubs signing the same players annoys me. Chelsea always seem to get Ronaldo and Alberto Luque, whilst Liverpool will get Samuel Kuffour and Arsenal will get Berbatov. The game I'm on now I just simmed about a year into the game, and then took over at Villa who were 13th in the Premiership.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The data update with one of the previous patches managed to add a bit of variety to the 'they always sign the same players' problem, but basically after a while it happens again.

i started unemploied, there are a bunch of weak second league clubs that are willing to take you, afterall you have 10 skillpoints on each state. - But it´s terrible to get your team improved, my scouts found NOTHING at all all over the world...

Could someone do a favour please?

My Inc folder is screwed, the fake file doesn't have anything in which means Germany don't pick any players and Oliver Kahn's name is wrong.

Could anyone send me their folder to looserapper2002@yahoo.com.

Would really appreciate it, cheers.

ok i am now with some frensh team in the frensh national (3ed) leaague, i think they just came up from the 4th league this season, they only have grey players (Y)

i got 400k tranfair budget and 10k wage budegt, tell em what to do :pinch:

Well I'd start by looking for specifics, a striker with finishing 15+ for example to go up front, you're on a budget so maybe players who are available on frees. Should sort things, you'll be lucky to get a lot out of them in the first year but you may be able to get something to builkd for the future.

For some reason in my game, Mourinho signed nearly the entire (real life, no in-game) England squad. He got Ferdinand, Rooney, Beckham, Owen, and he already had Lampard and Terry. Also, I beat them as Rangers on away goals!

Sadly the last 8 of the Champions League is just impossible to survive. Milan trashed me (again) 6-2 on aggregate. :(

Also, I lost my first ever Scottish cup matched to DUNDEE UNITED, 1-0, despite having 20+ shots on goal and then having about 3. The worse thing is, it was the semi final, and Dundee United were relagted to the First Division a season or two ago, and couldn't even win promotion again. Damn that goalkeeper. <_<

Celtic went on to win that in the final (yes, Celtic vs Dundee United in the Scottish Cup Final in-game and reality, except I'm two seasons ahead).

Only a double this year. And I'm getting bored at Rangers. I think I'll apply for Premiership jobs when they arise, and any National jobs I can muster. I am now 'continetally' known. B)