Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Okay I'm definitely gonna get the new game but still need a console. The special edition 2DS with the game pre-loaded is by far the cheapest, but I'm weary of the 2DS. Anyone have one or have used one extensively? What do you think and how does it feel compared to the normal folding types?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm definitely gonna get the new game but still need a console. The special edition 2DS with the game pre-loaded is by far the cheapest, but I'm weary of the 2DS. Anyone have one or have used one extensively? What do you think and how does it feel compared to the normal folding types?

I actually prefer it. I didn't expect to, but it feels really comfortable to use.

I have a 2DS right now that I'm using as well (I need to properly FriendCode up everyone at some point - probably when I get the actual game and not the demo) and I fucking adore the thing. And yeah - cases are dirt cheap.. I have one on mine right now that can stay on and flaps down to cover the screen. The bigger screen size of the XL doesn't outweigh the uncomfortable feeling it has in my own hands and most of the stuff I play looks find on the smaller screen anyways.

Awesome, thanks guys. I've preorder the 2DS with Alpha Saphire version so I'm pretty excited. Went with Saphire as I have a friend who's also getting the game and she's getting Ruby.

Never done any of this online/friend code stuff before so that should be fun!

Luckily with these games, there seems to be less of a focus on version exclusives. Obviously there's still some exclusives, but there's no version exclusive mega stones this time around (thank fuck) and you can get all the ones from X and Y at one point or another.

I dunno how much it sticks to the original Gen III games, what with new features and whatnot, but I really enjoyed the story. The Delta episode afterwards was... interesting, though I'm a little iffy on the whole "this is a Hoenn from another universe" sort of thing, but meh. Not too big a deal for me.

Also, the soaring thing with Lati@s is pretty nifty and helps if I don't want to have a Pokemon on my team just for Fly.

Edited by Vitamin E

I must say that it isn't HGSS in terms of staying totally true and being the ultimate remake. Pokemon has changed so much in Gen VI that there's a lot of things that needed to be added in. But the things that should be there are still there. Overall they did it right, but again it's as much a new game as it is a remake in some ways.

I think the one thing I'm really disappointed by is that there seems to only be the same Battle Maison for post-game stuff... I was really hoping for a Battle Frontier sort of thing with different kinds of ways to battle (renting, a roulette sort of thing, and all that other stuff. The Delta Episode is a nice post-game thing, sort of like the Looker thing in X/Y, and having to do the secret bases and contests to get the Garchompite and Lucarionite will mean you have to play more, but eh.