Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a kid I had plenty of thought on Porygon as I loved it's backstory! Seeing as it's normal and constructed out of computer code, you should be able to 'update' or 'code' him in any way you choose. Essentially I thought he should be able to evolve it via stones and/or items and/or trades and go one step on from Eevee to have tailored type combos. Giving him now potentially 324 potential Evolution types. The methods of evolving it to get certain types could even have been a secret held by the developers!

I then thought that conflicting types fire/water, ghost/normal would screw up his 'code' and give him an error like above. Only this would make his stats so zany he'd be borderline unusable i.e stupidly high Attack and near 0 Defence. He would then be called Porygon 2.XXX with each potential type being assigned a number. My idea being that it could even be restricted to a subplot getting stuck in a 'matrix' and fighting off Porygon2s where your eventual reward would be choosing your own custom Porygon2 type

This would make it infinitely more interesting and useful than it actually is.

TLDR; I was an imaginative child who was disappointed in how lame Porygon2 was when I got Silver. :P

Edited by TCO
  • Like 2

Hey @Jericode, can we arrange a time to be on simultaneously in X/Y? I'm trying to get a Sheer Force Mawile for my daughter and I figured it'd be easier to find it there than try to DexNav it in OR (DexNav'ing in caves is bullshit says I).

Whist I wish I could, I traded my all my DS stuff in for some PS4 games back in June since they were just gathering dust on my shelf. Sorry!

There's a Shiny Rayquaza event happening now through the September 14 via mystery gift. Don't know if it's international but I just got mine so it's a thing in the US. It comes with ORAS-exclusive moves so you probably can't get it if you have X/Y only. :( 

I already have a shiny Pichu somehow. Any other shiny I have I was trying for (chain-fishing for a shiny Feebas and Magikarp; Masuda method for a shiny Togepi), but apparently the first time I bred to get a Pichu it came out shiny. I didn't even realize it was shiny until like a month later.

• 3 weeks later...