2006 Winter Olympics

SeanDMan

How is it a group of girls as cute as the US has, comes to play curling?

On the other hand, I've been watching curling for like 20 minutes now..kinda interesting..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Lint, who is that jailbait in your sig? And where can I see more of her pictures without having to pay?

I missed the ski jump. I love the ski jump. Luckily, CBC is broadcasting the Olympics "OnDemand" so I can watch that shit in a day or two. Woooooo.

Canadian women's hockey is SO BORING because nobody in their division can match up to them. Russia was apparently going to be the "big test" and we won 12-0. Hopefully Sweden can give us a hard time, because I really don't like seeing these blowouts.

Luge is crazy. So is short track speed skating. I'm glad I got to see some of that. I don't like any of the converted X-Games, but at least they're all 100x better than ice dancing or figure skating.

I can't wait for hockey! Even if Canada's defence is weak and their forwards aren't as strong as they could be, we're still better than the US. I think we're going to have problems with the European teams, but fortunately our round robin pool is really easy, with Finland being a possible tough game [but with their injuries and drop-outs, I'm not sure how tough], and the New York Rang - er, sorry, the Czechs likely wiping the floor wth us. But at least we should do okay in the tournament.

SDM: If Liv even gets into a game, I'll be stunned. He's playing behind Lundqvist and Tellqvist, so I don't see it happening.

Edited by grind your soul

Bianca Beauchamp....she's not jailbait..as for seeing her witout paying, ya got me. One of her websites is on the pic, but ya gotta pay...the pic is one of the free previews

There has been some real exciting moments so far but what I really have noticed is how little coverage NBC shows. They never show anythng till after 7. All the live stuff happens during the day. The CBC has coverage all day long except for a break at 5 for the news. It makes you wonder how much Americans really care.

There has been some real exciting moments so far but what I really have noticed is how little coverage NBC shows. They never show anythng till after 7. All the live stuff happens during the day. The CBC has coverage all day long except for a break at 5 for the news. It makes you wonder how much Americans really care.

To be fair, CBC's coverage runs from about 7AM -> 12PM, and then repeats throughout the day. From what I've gathered in my [limited] viewing, NBC basically shows the events the US is favoured in, and little else.

NBC shows a "greatest hits" from I think 7 to 11 every night that features the events Americans were favorited in and of course figure skating. None of those events are aired live. The rest, of course, IS aired live on CNBC, MSNBC, and USA and they do a good job of showing the U.S. or hockey. But nothing else is really shown. The problem is that I and most of America is sleeping or at school/work when this stuff is airing live, and by the time the evening rolls around we know the results. I'm trying to steer clear of results so the evening broadcast is suspenseful.

SDM: If Liv even gets into a game, I'll be stunned. He's playing behind Lundqvist and Tellqvist, so I don't see it happening.

Gustafsson didn't use either of his NHL goalies against Kazakhstan. Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Mikael Tellqvist of the Leafs arrived Tuesday, hadn't practised, and were jet-lagged. Gustafsson has designated Lundqvist as his No. 1 netminder.

Stefan Liv of Sweden's Jonkoping got the assignment Wednesday. Liv, originally from Poland and adopted by Swedish parents, was a fourth-round draft pick of the Detroit Red Wings in 2000.

LIV!

Stefan Liv turned aside 12 shots as Sweden tries to atone for an early exit in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics and World Cup of Hockey.

Yevgeniy Koreshkov had a short-handed goal on a breakaway and Vladimir Antipin counted Kazakhstan's other goal midway through the third period.

Given how the Zamboni overflooded the ice during intermission, Koreshkov's goal was a bit of a gift because Christian Backman fell in a pool of water as he tried to lug the puck up ice, leaving the puck behind.

LIV!

Bad news for the Czechs, also.

The Czech Republic men's hockey team received some potential bad news as star goaltender Dominik Hasek left the game against Germany with a suspected injury Wednesday.

Facing a Germany power play about six minutes into the game, Hasek made a save with his right pad but quickly grimaced with pain.

Though he didn't face another shot, Hasek left the scoreless game when play stopped at 9:25.

Team doctors immediately attended to Hasek and returned to the Czech locker-room with a towel wrapped around his neck.

Heading into these Olympics, the Czech Republic were considered one of the favourites to win gold along with the Canadians.

Edited by SeanDMan27

Okay, so I've been watching Curling since opening day...

HOW COULD THEY HAVE HIDDEN THIS FROM ME!!!

It is eerily addicting, and now I am an aspiring skip.

Although the US Women are last in the standings, Cassie Johnson and the rest of the "CurlGurls" are #1 in my heart. I love the loud foreign screaming noises, I don't know what they mean...

I make sure I wake up early to get a good dose of Curling, then get me some Hockey, then the primetime wrap-up of the skiing events, my favorite non-hockey/curling Olympic event.

So ummm....

TURIN, Italy (CP) - Sweden upset the United States in the women's Olympic hockey semifinals, winning a shootout 2-0 for a 3-2 win.

Swedish goaltender Kim Martin was the big difference in the game, as the U.S. outshot the Swedes 39-17 in regulation and overtime.

The teams were tied 2-2 after regulation.

Sweden will meet the winner of the Canada-Finland semifinal for the gold.

America forgot to pack something on this trip to Turin/Torino...

The team that was slated to be the best Team USA ever...yeah, sure.

Sorta Spoilers I guess...

Medal Count as of NOW:

Norway leads with 13 (1 Gold, 6 Silver, 6 Bronze)

Germany 11 (5, 4, 2)

Russia 11 (5, 2, 4)

Canada 11 (2, 4, 5)

USA 10 (6{lead for most gold}, 3, 1)

Although the US Women are last in the standings, Cassie Johnson and the rest of the "CurlGurls" are #1 in my heart.

Mine too, she is very attractive.

If you saw the match today, they could have won by getting 4 in the 10th, but thanks to bad clock management they didn't see it and got the three. They had the hammer and a good shot for the 4 points, went for the tie and lost in the OT.