2006 Winter Olympics

SeanDMan

Meh us Brits don't need an attractive skip when it comes ot curling! Rhona Martin > *

Which is why they're up in third and the men are right up there too.

I was amused that Sweden beat the USA ladies as I always cheer for Sweden in Ice Hockey.

Though being British in the Winter Olympics means that I have to pretty much pick other countries to support as well so along with Britain I support: Sweden, Netherlands, Japan, Denmark, Australia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I would put the story down, but their is some "no distribution" copyright at the bottom, so some descriptive writing is in store.

American takes lead. American Showboats. American Falls. America takes 2nd. :thumbsdown:

Lindsey Jacobellis had a significant lead in the Women's SnowboardCross Gold Medal Final, on the final jump, she grabs her board in what she described as being "...caught up in the moment," and then she falls. Tanja Frieden then storms by and steals Gold.

After the race, Jacobellis said this...

I was having fun. Snowboarding is fun. I was ahead. I wanted to share my enthusiasm with the crowd. I messed up. Oh well, it happens.

Okay, I would put the story down, but their is some "no distribution" copyright at the bottom, so some descriptive writing is in store.

American takes lead. American Showboats. American Falls. America takes 2nd. :thumbsdown:

Lindsey Jacobellis had a significant lead in the Women's SnowboardCross Gold Medal Final, on the final jump, she grabs her board in what she described as being "...caught up in the moment," and then she falls. Tanja Frieden then storms by and steals Gold.

I was having fun. Snowboarding is fun. I was ahead. I wanted to share my enthusiasm with the crowd. I messed up. Oh well, it happens.

Another USA letdown... :crying:

Great, the Connecticut girl fucks up the easy gold. Wow.

I love how the newspaper here, who's kissing her ass cause she's the local girl, blames it on her slipping and then grabbing the board to try and stablize. Right...

Another USA letdown... :crying:

I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Best Winter Olympics moment so far by a long way. :D:D:D

Our British male curlers are finally performing but our women are playing so badly.

And it's amusing to see other countries finally realising that Curling is actually quite a good sport to watch.

And it's amusing to see other countries finally realising that Curling is actually quite a good sport to watch.

to be fair, not really the fault of us. How are we supposed to watch a sport that is only on once every 4 years, and when it is on... usually on at odd hours so that makes it even more unwatchable.

And since ESPN sold their souls we won't see it for another 4 years. Unless there are some distant digital cable channels that carry curling, which I doubt.

No heart, no flare, no medal. And that's all I'll say with regards to the Canadian men's hockey team. They lost, they're no longer newsworthy. We did happen to take 4 medals today (including 2 golds), so I hope the Canadian media gives them their due instead of our underperforming overpaid hockey players. Two times now Canadians have finished 1-2 in an event, can't say we did that last time, and we've now moved ahead of our 17 medal performance in Salt Lake. (Y)