The first album you bought.

probablyoliver

So what was the first album that you bought with your own money on your own accord? I'm not talking christmas presents or any such things, but your very first album.

Mine was Jimmy Eat World - Jimmy Eat World / Bleed American.

I bought it a couple of weeks after my birthday in November 2001, after hearing a song round a friends house and really liking it. Since then it's become one of my favourite albums, with some of my favourite songs of all time (A Praise Chorus and The Authority Song for sure, with If You Don't, Don't, Get It Faster and Sweetness just following it). I actually listened to it last night for the first time in about a year, and it brought back many a memory. It's also one of the albums I've kept in pretty much mint condition, because I hardly take it anywhere. It's not really one of my favourite albums, but it means a lot to me, and in a superbly emo way, the songs speak to me.

So, a trip down memory lane, what were your first album(s)?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tragic Kingdom. >_>

My second was Underdogs, which at least was a step in the right direction.

Tragic Kingdom is good! :angry:

It hasn't aged well.

Plus, I am a man.

Eh. Personally, I liked No Doubt up until Gwen Stefani went insane five years ago.

Anyway. First CD I BOUGHT? God, I have no clue. For the longest time people just bought CDs for me, and they were almost always really terrible now that I look back at them. The earliest CD I can REMEMBER buying is Gorillaz's self-titled debut five years ago, but I'm sure that's not it.