What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Rented Captain America and Thor on blu-ray, expecting to like the first and hate the second. Completely opposite. Not that I hate Captain America, it just felt... a bit boring to me, although the ending caught my eye. Thor, despite its complete molestation of old Norse belief, was a lot more entertaining and a lot more interesting. Also god damn, Asgard was so fucking over the top. And Heimdall was black. It was all great fun.

Rented Captain America and Thor on blu-ray, expecting to like the first and hate the second. Completely opposite. Not that I hate Captain America, it just felt... a bit boring to me, although the ending caught my eye. Thor, despite its complete molestation of old Norse belief, was a lot more entertaining and a lot more interesting. Also god damn, Asgard was so fucking over the top. And Heimdall was black. It was all great fun.

I just got done rewatching Captain America, fuck, I love this film. It's like if Marvel did an Indiana Jones. Wonderful stuff.

Also I watched the prequel to The Thing today, much more enjoyable than I expected it to be. A lot more action packed rather than suspenseful, which I didn't mind too much. Better to go a different direction rather than fail at recreating the original. Would have liked a little explanation as to what it was though...

Isn't the point of The Thing that is it is "a thing" and that is the best explanation for it and nobody really knows what the hell is going on? Sometimes I'd much rather be kept in the dark then some sort of hokey explanation; it is part of the suspense.

Isn't the point of The Thing that is it is "a thing" and that is the best explanation for it and nobody really knows what the hell is going on? Sometimes I'd much rather be kept in the dark then some sort of hokey explanation; it is part of the suspense.

Maybe not what it is then, but what it wants or... something. I dunno. I still liked it either way. The ending was great, setting up for the entrance to the first film.

Only problem i had with Captain America was that going in I was like, hell yeah Captain America beating the hell out of some Nazi's, I'm totally down. Instead of getting that, it was one montage of him killing Nazi's to some terrible music in which he was singing. I personally didn't like the movie as well, found it really boring. But Thor is awesome.

Edited by hot rod

I Love You Phillip Morris

Jim Carrey is just fantastic when he has something like this to work with. Great movie.

The Last Circus

What... the fuck... was that?

Black Death

Dug it. A bit distracting now to see Sean Bean as a medieval knight outside of Game of Thrones, but I thought it was a really smart movie that took a good look at herd mentality.