What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

You gonna review it on your blog?

On the ol' Blog Thing? Yeah, I have six reviews to post on there when I next edit some film posters in Photoshop. Lately though I've been infatuated by a film diary website called Letterboxd (still in private beta) so I've posted everything on there straight away and then sort of forgot about Tumblr.

I saw Chronicle last night, and overall I'd say I enjoyed it. It started a little slow, but when it did pick up it was nonstop with the action. The last 20 minutes were great stuff. But if you're not a fan of found footage flicks, I'd probably stay away from this one, as the fight scene at the end got kind of hard to follow.

A bit late but meh;

Yesterday..

Groundhog Day - gotta say, t'was awesome.

Sunday...

Yes Man - pretty good I s'pose

Click - It was okay, the ending sucked.

Saturday...

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - holy shit it was awesome.

The season 2.5 finale of Battlestar Galactica.

Holy shit :mellow:

Holy shit indeed. Amazing how they can take something as comparatively dull as a presidential election and turn it into some of the most interesting points in the series, and the way that season ends... just incredible how that show continues to keep the viewer hooked as the familiar characters you know and love are constantly thrown into more and more precarious and wildly different situations.

Click - It was okay, the ending sucked.

You have no soul.

nooo, I mean.. the fact that he was given another chance and whatever, it was a fine ending if he just died.. call me heartless, but you know.

EDIT: I suppose you could call me a film fanatic, despite the fact that I haven't seen Star Wars, Indiana Jones 2 - 4, Supermanseses, Batmans(?), any James Bonds... there are probably some other 'classic' films I haven't seen either, just need to ask ;) s'pose I'm getting there seeing as I have Superman, Batman, Star Wars and Indiana Jones all on DVD, just haven't watched them.. and I'm watching Ghostbusters at the moment..

anyway..

today I watched..

Liar Liar - pretty funny, not the best Jim Carrey film to be honest, though.. enjoyed the ending.

and yesterday I watched Zombieland, I loved it to be honest.. Emma Stone's hot too.. ¬¬

Edited by 0wen

Small Town Gay Bar. Really interesting documentary on Netflix that focuses on two gay bars in rural Mississippi, briefly touches on the Scotty Joe Weaver murder, and has a few minutes of Fred Phelps doing his usual blah blah fags schtick. It's not quite an hour and a half long, but it was a really interesting look at the sort of impact these gay bars have on the gay subculture in rural areas.

Lilyhammer - Netflix's first original TV series. Went in with low expectations, cuz what does a DVD-rental-service know about making TV shows? Blown. A. Way. Carries the quirky dramedy vibe of Weeds and Rescue Me but really does wonders with what I assume is a low budget. Small cast but well entangled characters and a great small-town feel. Really felt like they took a stale concept of Italian-American gangsters and put a fresh spin on it. Everyone should check this out.