What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Hunger Games was so good. Loved it.

Tower Heist was shockingly fun and funny. I actually enjoyed it a lot. Low expectations didn't hurt.

Young Adult I did not enjoy at all. I have decided whenever Diablo Cody and Jason Reitman team up again I must skip it, as I hated Jennifer's Body, really did not care for Juno, and really really did not care for This one either.

The Hunger Games

Great adaptation. Was bummed some things had to be rushed, but I enjoyed the subtle changes since they weren't confined to telling the story entirely from Katniss's perspective. Very excited to see where they go with Catching Fire, which I think will probably be the toughest of the three to adapt.

Young Adult (N)

I liked it! Though I think that was more to do with Charlize Theron than anything else. The actual story wasn't great and wow, what a waste of Patrick Wilson. The dude needs a better agent.

Oh and Patton Oswalt was fantastic.

Battle Royale. It was pretty great. I hadn't seen it before and after reading about all the love it got from this board I decided to finally track it down. While I understand why some people would love it, I just didn't think it was the greatest film to ever grace the movie world. The ending kind of annoyed me. I'd rather have seen one of the three survive instead of them somehow just finding an exploit in the system. Also the way the guy running the show died was ridiculous and cheesy.

Wrath of the Titans

If you like bad acting, worse dialogue, and films with no plot or substance this is the film for you! But if you don't like those things don't see this. It's basically an hour and a half exercise in 3D and special effects (and not even particularly good sfx).

Wrath of the Titans (N) (N)

This the most mind-numblingly boring piece of shit I've sat through in a long time. I watched it at a double feature at the local Drive-In Theatre (Motherfucking drive-in!) and everyone applauded and cheered when the credits rolled thankful that the misery was over.

21 Jump Street (Y) (Y)

Watched this for the second time after Wrath of the Titans, and there's a bunch of small shit I didn't pick up on in the first viewing. Probably my favorite movie of the year so far. Certainly going to add this to my DVD collection when it hits stores.

And I'm back.

Following

Christopher Nolan's first feature film and it's fucking good. Apparently made with only $6,000, this movie shows that an awesome movie can be made with little money, if you just put enough effort and planning into it. I'd recommend to everyone, but especially to aspiring filmmakers because it is definitely interesting to see how one can succeed without having any cash.

• Like 1

American Reunion was actually very good. I mean it's nowhere near as funny as 21 Jump Street, nor will I probably even remember it a year from now but it was a lot better than I was expecting after seeing the trailers. If you've seen the first three and enjoyed them, there's really not a reason to see it. It's probably the best of the American Pie series.

And holy shit, NPH having a quick cameo in it was awesome.

But oh my sweet jesus, the past four or five movies I have seen my favorite part has been the Prometheus trailer. I can't wait.

The Raid: Redemption: I loved this movie. There's some great fight choreography and the gore wasn't much of a turn-off. See it if you can.

21 Jump Street There were a few laughs, but otherwise it was a very average film. I read a lot about it being a hilarious comedy, and my expectations were not met at all. I think people went into this movie expecting it to be the worst thing ever, and since it wasn't that bad, they gave it a pass. I should admit that comedies are the toughest sell for me because I go into most expecting not to laugh. The last comedy I saw in theaters that I thought was excellent was Tropic Thunder.