What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

To be fair, they weren't entirely terrible. Obviously they weren't that good but there are a lot of comedies that were actually released in theaters that are a lot worse.

For example, The Love Guru. Now that's fucking terrible.

Hot Tub Time Machine didn't live up to expectations for me. It's alright, but I don't understand why so many people I've talked to thought it was hilarious.

This is a weird one for me. Seen it twice, didn't laugh once either time, yet I still like it.

Okay, seriously, you people should all just watch Spartacus. Fucking fucking awesome finale.

I watched the first episode and just felt uncomfortable throughout the whole thing. And not in a good way. Did it, like, get better? Much, much better?

Finally watched The Rum Diary. In a word, amazing. What a great film. Kept to the book well but adapted perfectly to suit the medium. I love how Depp had a director chair and script set up for Hunter, and he'd have his favourite drink prepared every day for him - and then he and other crew/cast would dab it behind their ears and on their necks. Fantastic.

Also I saw Benji slate Suckerpunch..shut up Benji! You missed the point!

Okay, seriously, you people should all just watch Spartacus. Fucking fucking awesome finale.

I watched the first episode and just felt uncomfortable throughout the whole thing. And not in a good way. Did it, like, get better? Much, much better?

Why did you feel uncomfortable? Anything that could make you uncomfortable to watch you would also watch in something like Game Of Thrones, so I don't exactly know what you mean.

I don't know, I've been a fan ever since I watched the prequel, then the first and second season, in that order.

Also, Sucker Punch did have hot girls, and bad action. Bad, bad action.

Spartacus seemed like you added my least favorite part of Game of Thrones, the gratuitous nudity, add in a bunch of mindless violence, and then add some more nudity for the sake of it. At least, that was my impressions of the first episode, so I never watched any more. I don't have a problem with nudity or sex or violence, it just didn't seem to have a purpose.

Sucker Punch is ruined by a single shot...

The teased icepick (?) to the eye at the end of act one doesn't cut away quick enough - because Zack Snyder loves rubbernecking - and then the weird unnatural transition into dream world means there's no possible way the film doesn't try the Brazil ending (awfully).

It's also ruined by being all round fucking terrible, helmed by a director even worse than Michael Bay.

Why did you feel uncomfortable? Anything that could make you uncomfortable to watch you would also watch in something like Game Of Thrones, so I don't exactly know what you mean.

I don't know, I've been a fan ever since I watched the prequel, then the first and second season, in that order.

Also, Sucker Punch did have hot girls, and bad action. Bad, bad action.

Yeah, but Spartacus is missing all the parts of Game of Thrones that makes it great. The nudity and violence is just kind of there, I wouldn't really miss it at all, it's the great characters, drama and dialogue that makes it so great. Spartacus didn't really have much of that, at least not from what I watched.