What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Dammit Kong. :crying:

You're gonna have to help me out a little here.

It was a great show (one of the best in 2010) with great potential and cancelled after one season. It's cancellation was a travesty.

Ah, yeah. I agree with that. Still, I think it's interesting when a show only gets one season, especially if it's structured like Terriers. It tells a story and then it's done.

I just rewatched The Shining after finish the book. It's no wonder Stephen King didn't like it. I have two major complaints with the movie now. First, it seems like Jack Torrence is just going crazy instead of the hotel trying to get to Danny by getting Jack to kill him. Second, Dick Hallorann getting taken out is really anticlimatic when compared to his epic journey back to the Overlook in the book.

In a year where Transformers: Dark Of The Moon and Twilight were in theatres, I have a hard time believing Game of Shadows is that bad.

• Like 3

In a year where Transformers: Dark Of The Moon and Twilight were in theatres, I have a hard time believing Game of Shadows is that bad.

please don't mention that abortion Dark Side of the Moon, I thought I had forgotten all about it. That's probably the worst movie I've seen this year.

I bought Red State on Blu Ray and there is this really nice 45 minute documentary on how the film was made. It was really good, and it was great hearing from John Goodman and Michael Parks (who did just an amazing job in his role). The movie itself isn't anything too great, though the more I watch it, the more I really like it. And the Blu Ray is seriously loaded with a lot of extras, definitely worth checking out or renting. It's definitely Kevin Smith's best looking movie out there, besides maybe Clerks 2.

Yeah, I liked Game Of Shadows. It was a really fun movie with some great moments. Nothing mindblowing, but fun all the same.

I watched Hugo the other day and thought it was fantastic. It was basically a love letter to cinema shot in this beautiful setting with the best use of 3D I've seen by a long shot. The whole thing looked, and felt magical. It was a really cute story which I found very, very entertaining.

• Like 1