What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I thought Heat was a bit... overrated. Good, but not as good as I'd been told. Serpico is also not as great as it's made out to be, whilst we're on the topic. Charlie's impression in It's Always Sunny is far superior to the film.

• Like 2

I thought Heat was a bit... overrated. Good, but not as good as I'd been told. Serpico is also not as great as it's made out to be, whilst we're on the topic. Charlie's impression in It's Always Sunny is far superior to the film.

You're dead to me now. :angry:

Heat is one of my all time favorites.

As our household have decided we don't want to be the only people left not to have seen the Avengers we embarked on a quick catch-up of re-watching Iron Man 1 and 2, and finally seeing Thor and Hulk. I enjoyed both Iron Men as much the second time around, I suspected Thor and Hulk wouldn't so much be my thing - and was not proved wrong.

Film watching meant waiting until last night to see the last 2 episodes of Mad Men also, which have been quite eventful. Ahead of the final episode a lot of the loose ends have been tied up, I guess it's just a case of replacing the deceased, seeing if SCDP picks up further and setting up some kind of ending to lead into the next season.

Wife and I also saw Moonrise Kingdom over the weekend. We're big Wes Anderson fans, which was an initial bonding point, so rather predictably both thought it was great.

Watched the American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night, hours after finishing the book. One of the overall better adaptations I've seen ever, but it still felt the need to alter the resolution of the central mystery for no reason I can really figure out. I will check out the Swedish version that I have almost universally heard is far superior probably today.

I actually preferred the American version to the Swedish one, which was still excellent. I just preferred Fincher's overall approach. Probably didn't help that I watched the Swedish one dubbed (wasn't my choice), which kind of have ruined the experience a little. What was the change they made to the main mystery? I've forgotten.

I actually preferred the American version to the Swedish one, which was still excellent. I just preferred Fincher's overall approach. Probably didn't help that I watched the Swedish one dubbed (wasn't my choice), which kind of have ruined the experience a little. What was the change they made to the main mystery? I've forgotten.

Rather than find Harriet alive in Australia via tracing a call Anita Vanger made to her, Harriet is alive in London and is posing as Anita who died 20 years prior. It was an unnecessary change in my opinion.

And Fincher's version was beautiful and so well shot. Stylistically and everything it was beautiful to behold. In a few hours I will check out the Swedish version.

Alien. Really good, really intense.

Prometheus. Pretty good movie all in all. Idris Elba's macho American accent is hokey as fuck. The horror and drama elements were very well developed in tandem, but I did feel a little let down by the ending.

Battle Royale. Just okay.

Idris Elba's macho American accent is hokey as fuck.

I didn't think it was that bad.

Now, Charlize Theron's performance in general . . . .

Hokey isn't bad to me. It just seemed like he was more doing a parody of The Big Swaggering American Macho Man. Or, not really a parody as he wasn't doing it for comedic effect, but he was trying to play that niche rather than deliver his own developed character.

Idris Elba's macho American accent is hokey as fuck.

I didn't think it was that bad.

Now, Charlize Theron's performance in general . . . .

Hokey isn't bad to me. It just seemed like he was more doing a parody of The Big Swaggering American Macho Man. Or, not really a parody as he wasn't doing it for comedic effect, but he was trying to play that niche rather than deliver his own developed character.

Okay, I'm on board with you there.