The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The North American one is just as dull...

Playable Content

* Metal Gear Solid PS1 game ($9.99)

* Qore yearly subscription ($24.99)

* Qore episode 13 ($2.99)

* NCAA Football 10 demo (free)

Add-on Content

* MotorStorm Pacific Rift Jester Signature Livery pack (free)

* 3x Cross Edge packs (free)

* Guitar Hero World Tour DLC (continued)

* Rock Band DLC (continued)

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC

* "Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits Theme" - S.U.P.R.A.H.U.M.A.N (free)

Ben Harper and Relentless7 Track Pack ($5.49)

* "Fly One Time" by Ben Harper and Relentless7 ($1.99)

* "Number With No Name" by Ben Harper and Relentless7 ($1.99)

* "Shimmer & Shine" by Ben Harper and Relentless7 ($1.99)

Rock Band DLC

Spinal Tap Pack 1 ($6.99)

* "Back From the Dead" - Spinal Tap ($1.99)

* "Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare" - Spinal Tap ($1.99)

* "Saucy Jack" - Spinal Tap ($1.99)

* "Warmer Than Hell" - Spinal Tap ($1.99)

Evanescence Pack 1 ($5.49)

* "Bring Me to Life" - Evanescence ($1.99)

* "Call Me When You're Sober" - Evanescence ($1.99)

* "Weight of the World" - Evanescence ($1.99)

Video

* Mini Ninjas E3 trailer

Themes

* American Pride theme ($1.49)

* Jungle Jane theme ($1.99)

* Warrior Girls theme ($1.49)

* Azmodeus Dark Angels theme 3 ($1.49)

* 4th of July Pinups theme ($1.49)

PSP Content

* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 full game ($19.99)

* American Pride theme ($1.49)

* Jungle Jane theme ($1.49)

* Warrior Girls theme ($1.49)

* Azmodeus Dark Angels theme 3 ($0.99)

* 4th of July Pinups theme ($0.99)

Actually, I think I see something here...

Playable Content

* Qore yearly subscription ($24.99)

* Qore episode 13 ($2.99)

* NCAA Football 10 demo (free)

Hmmm....NCAA never really interests me nor have I ever seen an episode of Qore. Wait a second, what is this I see?

Playable Content

Yeah I'm gonna have to go change my pants.

n00b question;

If I delete a game completely off my hard drive, will the trophies I won from that game disappear from my collection too?

This, I want to know this, I doubt it but I want to know, because I'm not sure I can be arsed buying and putting in a new hard drive just because I've bought a lot of games.

Edited by Sugar Benji Helms

Yeah. It's because I'm thinking of renting some games to get trophies and because I'm curious to play them, but I don't particularly want to keep games on my HDD that I don't own ...and earning trophies from them would be pointless if they disappear once I delete the game.

Fear not, as trophies are attached to you PSN name, you will not lose trophies even if you delete game saves or game data. As it stands, there isn't a way to remove trophies at all, unless you delete the user, I guess.

Alrighty well, I am not sure this belongs here. But I'll give it a crack. I am unsure as to if I should buy a PS3. I really want a PS3, mainly because I consider that the game range is quite limited compared to Xbox 360, but I do believe the downloadable content is far greater. At the moment, me and brother own 2 PS2's (1 each, being brothers) and an Xbox 360. Now, my brother is completely against the idea of me buying a PS3 because he considers it a waste of money, but I disagree. I feel as though that what you can do with the PS3 is much more then the Xbox 360. PS3 has Blu-Ray, but Xbox plays DVDs. PS3 has internet, Xbox has larger game variety. PS3 has more multimedia functions than the Xbox 360.

So, my decision is a difficult choice, any opinions or suggestions as to what I do?

Edited by Motor City Prince

PS3 can play DVDs too, right? The biggest thing for me was that the PS3 is region free, thus allowing me to play baseball games. The other thing I looked at was the exclusives, and there's finally a few decent ones to warrant the purchase - MGS4, inFamous and Killzone 2 in my case. The Blu-Ray thing swung it for me. I don't find the online stuff to be nearly as involving as the 360 though, and I couldn't really care less about trophies, which is strange seeing as I'm quite the achievement whore.

I have owned both and the PS3 is by far the superior machine in basically every aspect. Free online, reigion free, internet browser, WiFi, BluRay etc.

Edited by The Cool One

I have decided I shall invest in a PSP 3000 at the end of the summer. :D

This time I won't be a pirate either. :P

What are the must haves hadn't played my 1000 in a while more due to the fact you would play one game for an hour and want to get another one.

The online is free, but it's certainly not superior.

It honestly depends on the game. For some reason I can't play GTAIV online on my PS3 unless I play it Party Mode; if I try to play any other mode it shits out on me. But I can play games like Killzone and Army of Two perfectly fine online, with no problems whatsoever. No connection issues, lag, anything. GTAIV's the only game so far I've had any problems with as far as playing online goes.

I always found one of my favourite things about the PS3 is it's ability to play DATA disks with .avi videos on them. When you're like me, and you've basically got entire series of show's like Smallville and Supernatural archived on disk, it's fucking fantastic to be able to play them off of the PS3 and on my big TV screen.