The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Media stream from Windows Media Player actually, y'know, works with Windows 7. I can play all of the files, as in it's recognised they're there as opposed to deciding to pick them up when it wanted to. Also, seems like the PS3 has some more codecs installed (or may've been that I installed that DivX codec a while back and never checked again). Of the about 6 films I got on my PC, they all work except for Pineapple Express which has no sound, but video plays fine, whereas before it wouldn't do either using the WMP server.

There will be Heavy Rain DLC, more than one as it sounds.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/14/heavy-rain-producer-confirms-dlc-talks-marketing/

This game can´t possibly life up to the expectations they created in my head...

And Little Big Planet water is finaly comming! - As a Pirats of the Carebian Pack that dos not only include stuff to creat new levels with but also 5 new Pirate themed levels and a free costume!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/15/pirates-of-the-caribbean-water-coming-to-littlebigplanet-dec-2/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So I'm 4 trophies away from platinum in Assassin's Creed 2, it'll be my first and only one I think, far too much time and effort required. Assassin's Creed 2 is like my favourite game ever and even that is getting very tiresome trophy hunting, only a bronze for collecting all the feathers, cunts. I really don't know how people do this for numerous games.

I don't know how the fuck people can get the trophies for hitting 5 guys at once with the big stick or throwing sand at 4 guys at once. Everytime I fight, and i do literally mean EVERY time, the second I bend over to get the sand, three guys at once lunge at me. And after blocking for twenty whole minutes I finally get to throw the fucking sand only for one of them to walk aimlessly behind me.

And fuck the ten no hitter as well. When I finally get a good streak going, I kill like six guys and three of the guards automatically shit themselves and run away! Fuck those three, they are the only ones I need :@

If you block yourself into an alley, it doesn't allow them to flank you and they're pretty easy then, the 10 hitter one, I got during a mission without trying, just happened.

Edited by The Cool One

I've bigged up Burnout Paradise as one of my favourite PS3 games to date. It's possibly my "second" favourite behind the Uncharted games. There's a christmas sale on PSN which has the game on there for £14, which is very good I think. £20 gets you the island as well, which was a £10 add-on a couple of months ago.

So I'm a wee pissed.

The ony reason I bought Little Big Planet GOTY was for the Modnation Beta voucher. So I registered with the site and blah blah blah. But today I recieve in my email, not the instructions to download the beta bu a code to get free shitty theme. Blah Blah the demand was too high. UGH. I should have just bought the pre-owned copy for $39.99

:crying:

Never mind, apparently you had to reenter the voucher code from the manual, although why not send an email saying that instead of one saying sorry there's no room left?

Edited by Captain Eo

Heavy Rain Cover released

heavyrain121812.png

There will be more than one DLC. They call it episodes, from what i understand it´s one sceen about one characte taking place before or after the game.

There will be a colecters edition in the EU wich has the first DLC Free from Day on.

The US Price of the first DLC is 4.99 but you get it free wen you preorder.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/18/introducing-heavy-rain-chronicles-the-special-edition-box/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/pre-order-heavy-rain-and-get-the-heavy-rain-chronicles/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I don't know how the fuck people can get the trophies for hitting 5 guys at once with the big stick or throwing sand at 4 guys at once. Everytime I fight, and i do literally mean EVERY time, the second I bend over to get the sand, three guys at once lunge at me. And after blocking for twenty whole minutes I finally get to throw the fucking sand only for one of them to walk aimlessly behind me.

And fuck the ten no hitter as well. When I finally get a good streak going, I kill like six guys and three of the guards automatically shit themselves and run away! Fuck those three, they are the only ones I need :@

For the sand and stick ones, back yourself into a corner so they can't get around behind you and then pull off a couple of little ones at first to get half of them out of your hair to pull off the longer one.

Ten kills w/o hits, get the attention of about 15 guards and then use a smoke bomb and the dual blades to pick them off. You can usually get about 6 before you need to use another smoke bomb.

Come to think of it, the smoke bomb could probably be used for the sand or stick ones as well, provided you could get a stick after using the bomb.

Easiest place for all of those is around the Doge's Palazzo.

So I just bought a PS3 along with Metal Gear, GTA IV and Smackdown10. Only really been playing MGS (pretty much the reason I got a PS3 since I already have an Xbox360). I don't know why but I seem to suck a little more as each Metal Gear passes. It took me a couple of days to get decent at Snake Eater, and it'll probably be the same for MGS: SOP. Still, I love it and it'll (hopefully) help me waste away the holidays :D.

Well kids, I've crossed over to the dark side and am now a proud owner of a PS3. Feel free to add me, but as of now, I only have LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted. My PSN name is the same as my XBL - SugaRazor

Wahey! I now have Assassin's Creed 2 and Pro Evo 10.

Assassin's Creed is just brilliant. Great work on the story so far, really makes you feel for Ezio. It's better in every way than the first and also great Nintendo joke - "It'sa me! Mario!" :pervert:

Pro Evo feels great and the Legend mode feels better too.

Easy enough to make the Spurs kit and in my first exhibition game against Everton on regular difficulty (which'll move up when I get used to this edition) I broke down the wing with Lennon (who's incredibly quick and tricksy) and crossed it for a Keane header into the net with my first attack...Which put me in a good mood for the game.

Also the keeper cleared it into the onrushing Keane, it bounced off his face onto the crossbar and I ran under the ball and he bicycle kicked it into the net as Howard ran back desperately. :w00t:

Good soundtrack too. I actually haven't silenced the menu music yet. Shame they've got the same commentary again though.

Thats a good point, I plan on Fifa10/Pes2010 and Assassins Creed as my next purchases. Really underwhelmed by the first, I'm gonna assume the new one is leaps and bounds better?

My PSN is Jouzykins. Cause gaming brings out the child inside me :D.

Yeah. I loved the first one but I could see the weaknesses with it. The second one seems to get rid of all of those.

You can slink away in any crowd now instead of just those that the game decides you can hide in, pickpocketing for money is really slick, the way you can throw money out to get peoples' attention away from you is great too. Loads of really good touches.

I'm only a few "missions" in (and missions are much more sandbox than before - not just "pre-assassination" and "assassination" missions - I've delivered stuff, roughed up my sister's cheating boyfriend, raced my brother over the rooftops, climbed a big prison tower to speak with my father...etc etc.

I prefer the LOOK of Altair to Ezio (I think it's more iconic) but there's no doubting that this game is better in pretty much every respect....Apart from Danny Wallace's character. >_<

Also it has some great little parts - like pressing triangle to kiss this girl one time and then square to pull off her dress. Amusing.

So a buddy just gave me his PS2 that he wasn't using, but it came with a controller that has the wires. I'm looking to get a wireless controller for it, but have no idea which one is the best to get. I heard that some will need batteries for it, and there might be one that doesn't need the batteries or to be charged? Can anyone help me out, please?