The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Yeah man, Wet's great. It's horribly flawed in some ways but go into it thinking that it's a 7/10 game and you'll have a blast. Using my favourite phrase, it's pretty "high concept" similar to something like No More Heroes. Also when you chain together some great moves - run along the wall, shoot two guys at once, jump, slow down, two more kills and then samurai sword attacks into another group of baddies - it feels great.

Also has Malcolm McDowell on voice acting duty so you can't go wrong.

Also, what's that other game that was advertised a while back which is an FPS with all the different classes and an element of flowing free running in it. I think the trailer showed a guy killing someone then them being killed by someone else, then that guy being killed by a different class of killer, then them running and being jumped on by another guy and so on and so on. That looked great.

FPS shooter with RPG elements as well as all the flowing Parkour stuff. You can choose different "mini missions" mid mission that are worth different amounts of XP to help out your squad. Earnt XPs can be spent later. I like that idea.

It's also published by Bethesda and of course I have a big hard-on for those guys. Especially considering their last four games are Oblivion, Fallout 3, Wet and Fallout New Vegas.

Tombi is being released on the European PSN! Glorious day!

"The intro song to the PAL version, No Sweat!, was performed by the CBBC band, North & South"

Ha!

But yeah, wouldn't mind checking that out.

Speaking of New Vegas - how related to the main series is it? I contemplate getting it but I hate jumping on a franchise mid-flow.

Get it, get it, get it, GET IT NOW.

None of the games are really connected (minor references)....but if you jump into 3 or New Vegas, you will be fine.

I'm currently playing Dino Crisis 2, on the PC using an emulator, using my PS3 controller.

I just thought I'd put it out there.

I'm currently playing Parasite Eve, on the PC using an emulator, using my PS3 controller.

I just thought I'd put it out there.