The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I know there'll be people who are interested in the launch lineup so buying it then seems worth it, but I've seen nothing that makes me think that I need to buy it on release. It's similar to the PS4's launch in that a lot of the games/bundles on offer were also released on the previous gen.

My missus will keep tabs on that Hogwarts game, but even that is coming out on current gen consoles.

7 minutes ago, Baddar said:

How much better are those PS4 games going to look if you don't have a 4K TV, or if you were already playing them on a 4K TV? Or are they just going to run much quicker?

I would say if you haven't gotten a PS4Pro, the only difference is that it ups the framerate from 30 to 60, so things feel smoother and less chunky to look at, especially faster movements become a whole lot easier on the eyes.

I'm sure they'll also gussy things up a little bit, but don't expect a gigantic leap forward in pure graphical qualities because you'll still be running it through a FullHD television.

So basically, if you're getting a PS5 to play PS4 games on a FullHD TV, really only go in expecting a doubled framerate in line with the PS4Pro.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm excited for this but definitely willing to wait for now, especially with the Spider-Man stuff coming to PS4.

I'll see how the digital vs physical consoles play out too. I'd be hesitant to go fully digital but the price difference is pretty big.

44 minutes ago, TCO said:

I'm excited for this but definitely willing to wait for now, especially with the Spider-Man stuff coming to PS4.

I'll see how the digital vs physical consoles play out too. I'd be hesitant to go fully digital but the price difference is pretty big.

I've been basically 'full digital' since really late in the PS3 life cycle...the disc drive in my PS3 died so I went download only.  

Honestly I've found no real disadvantage.  Granted, you lose out on used games, but some of those games, the sales on PSN even it out.  There have been a few games I've bought the physical copies of, like LEGO Dimensions, but otherwise I really haven't felt like I've "lost out" on anything, aside from physical bonuses 

On one hand, I want it from day one. 

On the other hand, should probably wait till Christmas when there'll be more stock more than likely 

They seem to have cocked up with the pre-orders as apparently it they went up on a lot of websites without any warning despite the plan being we'll announce a date for pre-orders

I am more than happy to go all digital moving forward. Used games can be cheaper sometimes, but the PS Store puts stuff on sale all of the time, and they hit ridiculously low prices on a regular basis.

I don't really have the time to be buying and playing games when they first drop anyways, so waiting for a good sale price doesn't really bother me.

15 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I've pre-ordered it.

Thinking, not sure WHY I've done this. Currently there are no games at launch that I'm super excited about, and if I wait a few months I might be able to nab a bundle. Maybe because I have already saved the money and like shiny and new things?