The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I just picked up a nicely preserved copy of the Japanese edition of Parasite Eve for PS1. I also picked up a nicely preserved copy of the Japanese edition of Parasite Eve 2 for PS1.

They used to go for a lot of money, ESPECIALLY the first one and especially as they're the Japanese editions. Dunno if they still do.

Does anyone know if there has already been (in the US store) or will be a Spider-Man demo?

There hasn't been one yet and there's been no mention of one either. It's a little strange seeing as there's a demo for the 3DS version, but there you go.

I just picked up a nicely preserved copy of the Japanese edition of Parasite Eve for PS1. I also picked up a nicely preserved copy of the Japanese edition of Parasite Eve 2 for PS1.

They used to go for a lot of money, ESPECIALLY the first one and especially as they're the Japanese editions. Dunno if they still do.

They don't go for a ton anymore (US copies). I think you'll be able to turn a pretty big profit though on the Japanese copies. If you have the game new you can make a whole lot off of it, but used and its value drops remarkably.

For those of you still on the fence about Playstation Move, a few things:

1. It is amazingly fun with Portal 2.

2. Most Wal-Mart locations will have the LBP2 bundle (Move controller, Nav controller, Eye, & LBP2 GOTY Edition) on clearance for $70. That's a stupidly good deal if you've got the coin.

I'm annoyed though that Sports Champions 2 is basically Wii Sports - bowling, golf, tennis, boxing...

Anyway had a quick look around the local electronics shop on the way back from work today. Tokyo Jungle looks very interesting but as it's only Japanese release so far I guessed it might not have English.

Basically all the humans have pushed off into space or something and left cities to get overgrown. Animals have moved in and roam the streets and you play the animal(s). At least that's all I could gather.

Okay, doesn't look great but at least it's kind of unique and that's always a winner. Box cover was epic though.

Tokyo_Jungle_Official_Cover_Art.png

Yeah I have Afrika but it's tricky to play sometimes because all the text is in Japanese. It's very relaxing though but I have to have the internet available to double check what I actually have to take a picture of.

I saw the underwater one around a lot when the two were released together, It's dirt cheap now but I've never played it.

The Hakuna Matata version strangely downgraded some stuff like the grass - very weird.

Ah, awesome. Cheers Quombear.

Never did understand why that didn't see a European release.

It´s Pokemon snap without the Pokemon... i don´t think many people would have bought it. i got it sitting here but never really got into plaing it. The game sucks up imense amounts of space on your HDD. Savegames are friggin gigantic.

I always wondered why the graphics seemed so downgraded from the original tech demo, dident know the J version looked better.