The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

There's literally a part on the Playstation Store that says "Playstation Plus" which lists all of the stuff you currently get with it. How you couldn't find that, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Mortal Kombat is an excellent port, and hardly any loading times!

My only real problem with the Vita right now is that I just don't see the point of the 3g functionality and I don't really understand Near at all. I don't get the menus, I don't get the charts (there is no way in hell MLB 12 is the most played game in my part of Gloucester, unless perhaps it's counting playtime rather than number of people), people I know are around and actually want to connect with don't seem to show up. It's basically just a mess. It held some value, I got to chatting with someone near me and added them to my friends list, but we didn't really get anywhere once we established that they were waiting for Final Fantasy to come out and I just wanted someone to thrash on Wipeout...

I wanted to play Wipeout online and then found out I had to pay to unlock that function.

Despite never really enjoying FIFA so much, I'm close to getting FIFA for the Vita just because I've heard it's a pretty good crossover with interesting shooting controls (on the back touchscreen swipe your finger over to the part of the goal you want to shoot towards) and I like the idea of playing a career while on the go.

To be honest I just want a new Football Manager on it but I guess I'll be waiting until winter for that now.

I wanted to play Wipeout online and then found out I had to pay to unlock that function.

Despite never really enjoying FIFA so much, I'm close to getting FIFA for the Vita just because I've heard it's a pretty good crossover with interesting shooting controls (on the back touchscreen swipe your finger over to the part of the goal you want to shoot towards) and I like the idea of playing a career while on the go.

To be honest I just want a new Football Manager on it but I guess I'll be waiting until winter for that now.

I'm not much of a FIFA fan, but it's a quality port of FIFA '11 (so no mental overdone physics). The rear touch shooting is the best implementation of the back pad yet (I can't actually think of anything else that uses it well). The touch passing is also very good, although I don't use it so much as it's tricky to keep adjusting your hand position. And all things considered, the load times are perfectly agreeable.

Apparently, SI have said that there were no intentions to make an FM for the Vita, which just seems silly to me as they have said there'll be a PSP one this season. However, the article I read this in was from before Christmas, so things might have changed. That'd have the makings of a killer app I reckon.

The thing that impresses me most about Mortal Kombat is how good it looks given how fast it loads. Sure, up close the textures are a bit shitty, but the view when you're actually playing is great, and the cut scenes look very good too, and as I said, transition seamlessly into the actual fights.

I'm trying to stop myself buying Formula 1 at the moment. I've got a bunch to play already, but it's reduced this week and we have a preowned one that I can get for £20 on my discount >_>

• 2 weeks later...

I have received my birthday hard drive upgrade 2 days early! I know the physical process of replacing the drive is a matter unscrewing about 3 screws, so I have no issues there. I'm just wondering the best way to transfer files.

I'm assume I will have to reinstall my games and I can only transfer my saves?

The biggest USB stick I have is 8GB, I'm assuming this will be plenty for transferring them back?

I know I'll have to format the drive first (and I'll have to format the old one if I want to use it again (which I plan to do so in my PC)), but is there anything else that I should know before setting about with this adventure?

Oh by the way, my PS3 is an 80GB original size one and it's completely full, mostly with games and demos, and the hard drive I'll be putting in is a Western Digital 500GB.

I just went to transfer my save files to a USB stick and had a sudden realisation: what about online passes for games like WWE '12, F1 etc.? Will they be invalid or are they tied to my PSN?

I just went to transfer my save files to a USB stick and had a sudden realisation: what about online passes for games like WWE '12, F1 etc.? Will they be invalid or are they tied to my PSN?

They should be tied to your PSN account, yes.

Good good. Also, fuck THQ in the dick, not allowing you to transfer your WWE data.

If you mirror the contend of the old harddrive onto the new one (simply plug in the new one via USB if you have an external HHD case - you can buy empty external HDD cases for very little money - afterwards use it with your old PS3 HDD to have an extra external HDD) all your savegames should transfer with no problem. - I was able to carry all my data over to the new HDD, even games like Rock Band and LBP that don´t alow you to copy gamesaves afair.

All your downloads and unlocks are tied to psn. Whatever you bought can be re downloaded in your purchase history.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane