The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Wrecked is definitely on my list, downloaded the demo though and you can't play single player and no ones online, so will have to wait to have some mates round to give it a go. Slightly disappointed there's only 6 tracks mind especially with paid dlc with more out already.

I like how it affects your stamina. It makes the simplest climbing stressful which is a nice chance from Uncharted or Assassin's Creed where climbing the most ridiculously high and treacherous monument feels utterly safe. In I Am Alive, climbing a drainpipe feels as stressy as it would in real life.

However, the jumping climb mechanism is a bit clunky.

The journey OST is now on sale. In germany for some reason it´s 1€ cheaper on iTunes than on PSN. You get about 60 Minutes of great music for just 4€, if you consider the quality level this might just be the best "dayone" deal (or deal in general) i have ever seen for a soled Videogame Soundtrack.

When you consider buying keep in mind that there will be a limited edition CD release coming soon aswell. No idea what the limit will be, but considering that this is PSNs best selling game ever the CD might be a good investment for collectors. I hope it´s coming in May, because right now i have no spare money.

Is Disgaea kinda like FF Tactics? Thinking of picking it up for the Vita next week along with another store game. Any reccomendations for that game as well?

I would say it is like FF Tactics. Very enjoyable! I beat 1-3 last year, I've been neglecting #4 :shifty:

Lots of fun, humorous, over the top attacks, and if you have no life, you can get up to level 9999.

New York Times: Sony Is 'In the Fight of its Life'

Article shines some light on the industry giant's trouble.

April 19, 2012

The New York Times' Hiroko Tabuchi recently penned a scathing article (via Games Industry International) about Sony entitled "How the Tech Parade Passed Sony By." Within, Tabuchi draws some stunning conclusions about the once megalithic Japanese electronics company.

Tabuchi cites new Sony CEO Kaz Hirai's proclamation that Sony must chart a new course, noting his quote: "I believe Sony can change." But as Tabuchi herself states, "Outside Sony -- and inside it, too -- not everyone is quite so sure. That is because Sony, which once defined Japan's technological prowess, wowed the world with the Walkman and Trinitron TV and shocked Hollywood with bold acquisitions like Columbia Pictures, is now in the fight of its life."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223379p1.html

How the Tech Parade Passed Sony By

By HIROKO TABUCHI

Published: April 14, 2012

TOKYO

THE lights dimmed. The crowd hushed. The teleprompters flickered.

Kazuo Hirai stepped up and flashed a winning smile: it was show time. The scene was oddly upbeat inside the Sony Corporation last Thursday as Mr. Hirai, the company’s new chief executive, faced the cameras. He outlined a strategy that, he vowed, would return the troubled electronics giant to profit.

“The time for Sony to change is now,” said Mr. Hirai, who formally took up the C.E.O. post on April 1. He posed for the cameras, one finger held high in a No. 1 sign. “I believe Sony can change,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/technology/how-sony-fell-behind-in-the-tech-parade.html?_r=1

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane