The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Fair enough if you don't go actively looking for them but I would have thought you would have got more than 3 since the majority of them come from story progress.

Nah I've got loads but they are generally from story progression (hence why I have very few above silver). I look through the lists from time to time and see if there's a trophy that sets me an interesting challenge then I might try that but I just can't give myself to trophy hunting.

Much like fully completing side quests. I used to but, especially after Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I finished the main quest, had loads of side quests left and thought "do I really want to churn through all these?" and then realised that I was happy just to finish up there.

509 to be exact. Level 8.

444 Bronze, 62 Silver, 3 Gold, 0 Platinum. That shows you how much I actually search for them.

Best completion rates are:

Assassin's Creed 2 - 90% (that surprised me)

Heavy Rain - 64%

Mass Effect 2 - 63%

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 56%

Skyrim - 36%

Uncharted 2 - 35%

Mirror's Edge - 31% (would be higher but they added loads for the random map levels)

Uncharted 3 - 30%

Modern Warfare 2 - 30%

Then loooooads under 20% and looooooads under 5%. How embarrassing. I have so many games and never complete them. <_<

I kind of like the idea of gold and silver over a number too.

I hear they are doubling scores for the xbox. Any reason why?

XBLA games are going up from 200 to 400 available gamerscore as of June. It's like with the file size increases, just accommodating higher-quality games being brought to the arcade.

I like the trophy/level system, but I just wish it was a little clearer what constitutes however many experience points <_<

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Trophy-Hoarders/How-are-trophy-levels-actually-calculated/td-p/10787146

Or tl/dr:

Bronze: 15 points

Silver: 30 points

Gold: 90 points

Platinum: 180 points

CSAMH, AC2 is a very easy platinum. You basically get it by finishing up the main quest, just a couple of hours of extra exploring will net you the plat. It was the first one I got. So that's why you've got 90%.

I'm going through good games I've played that are also or if I actually completed would be easy platinums in my head. LA Noire was pretty easy (a bit time consuming but there's a trick to get all the vehicles), Heavy Rain wouldn't be a challenge at all, Skyrim is time-consuming but basically everything will happen to you if you complete the entire game, Uncharted 3 actually is pretty easy as long as you can make it through Crushing and I presume the same for Uncharted 2, and Burnout Paradise is super easy.

Now on the other hand... Gran Turismo 5, every sports game, GTAIV, and Final Fantasy XIII are far from easy.

I wish they made it easier to see what gets you trophies, like if you could check in game. I have only ever checked for one game and that was more because I was farting around in the system tools and I stumbled across it than seeking it out.

I also have 8gb. Plenty of space for saves and I have Escape Plan, Super Stardust, Motorstorm RC and Frobisher Says on there, with room enough for a few half hour tv shows. If there had been a reasonably priced 32/64 gb card, and the PSN store prices weren't stupidly high, I'd have gone the download route. That was the key reason I used custom firmware on the PSP, so I could carry all my games with me and not worry about losing discs or anything. Missed opportunity for Sony, there.

Its bizarre. Obviously digital distribution is the future, but at PSN prices where even old games are £25-30? I wonder how much they actually manage to sell, other than exclusive PSN stuff?

I'm not one of those who, in the post-apple istore world believes everything should be £1.99 or £3.99. I'm happy to pay proper prices for proper games. But charging that is disgraceful and old games RIGHTFULLY devalue and therefore prices should in kind.