The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Need advice on new games. I just finished Fallout 3 and was not impressed. The open world was great, however, the story was absolute shit and the ending was bad. Previous games played include Borderland (loved), Resident Evil 5 (disliked), Grand Theft Auto 4 (good), Dead Rising 2 (good). Open minded on games, but I'm looking for something with a great story. Fallout 3 really left a lot to be desired in that department. Recommendations?

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I tried Uncharted 1 a while back and didn't love it. I'll probably play it again eventually, it just never hooked me. Red Dead Redemption is a safe bet. Any negatives about the game?

About RDR? It's a bit of a slow starter, with you learning the mechanics through normal farmhand work like rounding up cattle and shit but it's not that boring and develops into a fantastic game with one of the best video game characters I've ever seen.

About RDR? It's a bit of a slow starter, with you learning the mechanics through normal farmhand work like rounding up cattle and shit but it's not that boring and develops into a fantastic game with one of the best video game characters I've ever seen.

Is the story really good? I don't want to get into another Fallout 3 case where the story was such a huge let down.

I love video games but these people on the Tester are hilarious!

Host: Your special guest judge will be director of fighting stuff at Capcom Seth Killian

Girl contestant: (screeching) Oh my god I just came! Oh...I came again!

Then she lost her shit when she found out she was getting an arcade stick if she won :lol:

I've tried to find Heavy Rain on multiple occasions, but no where close to me has new or used copies of the game. I'll probably order it online one of these days.

L.A. Noire is a little repetitive, but at this point worth the price.

Yeah, you might even consider the PC Version. It was on sale in some downloadstore for 7,40€ last week. Even the compleed edition with every DLC. Thta games price has droped insanely.

See, I found Heavy Rain to have too many good ideas and not enough of them properly implemented. Love LA Noire (Still playing it) and Red Dead Redemption is absolutely outstanding. Superb game, the San Andreas of the PS3 in my book. Not as culturally significant mind you, but a very very good game that gives you lots of open world but with a general direction. The undead nightmare DLC is also pretty good.

I agree on heavy rain. The game works best wen only played once, wen you play it more than once you will notice that the impact of what you do is not as big as they sugest... you might be of the best if you just rent it for a weekend.