The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Unsurprisingly, judging by the video, the official Olympics game will be a disappointment as usual. Sure sure, add in more and more events (looks like a new cycling event is there which is nice - keirin I think) BUT really a good Olympics game should have....

Heats as well as finals.

Events that have more than just one athlete from a country competing in it.

A better "calendar" of events, especially for the track and field events, allowing you to play through a week or so.

Some cooler RPG elements.

Athlete development or training.

But of course it'll sell just by saying SEVENTY NINE EVENTS AND LOTS OF COUNTRIES! OH AND OFFICIAL!

I THINK it was Sydney 2000 but they had this sort of thing. You went through the qualifying heats, national and regional competitions and so on while carrying out your training, which seemed to have some sort of relation to your ability to perform (to my younger psyche anyway...) and building up to the Olympics. Only game of this sort to really get me playing for longer than the month of the event.

Just got a preowned Uncharted on the Vita. Just a few levels in and it's fun enough. Graphics nice, too much time spent in the standard jungle setting though. They're getting as much use of the touchy stuff as possible and added loads of little mini bits like polishing helmets and rubbing paper against rocks. Indeed within just a few minutes they managed to fit in a string of masturbation innuendo jokes.

Fact is when phones can actually deliver me games where im not lauching birds at something with a different theme every odd month ill consider this irrelevant.

I think its got time left. Are phones getting better? Yes. Dominant for gaming? Not for me. Maybe for simpler wants.

The phone gaming comparison was idiotic from the start. I've not read anything post-launch that trashes the console as a console. The only issue I've had so far is that I'm not a fan of the UI at all, but it's been worth it just for The Show and Wipeout. FIFA, Unit 13, Lumines and Everybody's Golf have all been great (I look forward to giving Uncharted a go when I can afford it) - and that's just the retail titles. Escape Plan is quality, Super Stardust is nice even though I'm terrible at it, hell even the AR games are a bit of a laugh. Fix the UI and the blue light crashes and I'll be happy with it for a long, long time.

Mortal Kombat, Phantasy tar Online 2, Retro City Rampage are all ones to look forward to, too.

Just got a preowned Uncharted on the Vita. Just a few levels in and it's fun enough. Graphics nice, too much time spent in the standard jungle setting though. They're getting as much use of the touchy stuff as possible and added loads of little mini bits like polishing helmets and rubbing paper against rocks. Indeed within just a few minutes they managed to fit in a string of masturbation innuendo jokes.

Is it true you can't earn trophies on pre-owned games? I have a VITA but haven't tried a used game yet.

Fact is when phones can actually deliver me games where im not lauching birds at something with a different theme every odd month ill consider this irrelevant.

I think its got time left. Are phones getting better? Yes. Dominant for gaming? Not for me. Maybe for simpler wants.

Angry Birds is awesome! :angry: That being said I am totally getting a Vita for my birthday if we can afford it :P

Gamestop currently has a coupon that you can purchase via PowerUp points that gives a trade in value of $175 for any PS3. This can be stacked with a $50 bonus to give a total of $225. I haven't shopped in a GameStop in ages so I'm trying to buy a coupon on one of the other forums I post on (let me know if you would be interested in $10 if I can't get one over there and have the points). I have an old fat PS3 that I bought on eBay for $150 nearly 3 years ago. I wouldn't mind upgrading to a slim before it dies on me.