The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The PSVita from teh sounds of things seems kinda average and overpriced. Shame really, I had my hopes up, can't see myself blowing nearly €300 on a handheld console though, i just wouldn't use it enough to warrant it.

Just finished uncharted 2. With Mass Effect 2 almost don as well (i have not played this much in ages) i have to say i could do with something thats not a 3ed Person shooter in the next few days. :D Great Games though.

Also, i played Uncharted on Hard, this got me four trophies when finishing the game. :lol:

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Is it going to matter much if I play Golden Abyss before the other Uncharted's? I wasn't going to play it until I'd done the others (I'm like one chapter into the first one), but it's the only game in the bundles we're doing. Other option is to trade it straight back in and get £30 off of something else.

I traded it, got Wipeout and Virtua Tennis, plus credit towards Escape Plan, Super Stardust and Motorstorm. Will pick Uncharted up at some point, and Everybody's Golf. Probably FIFA too when the price fucks off.

Wonderful little machine though. I hope at some point there'll be more customisation options as no matter how pretty the wallpaper I use, those icons are obnoxiously bad.

I heared a nice argument yesterday that stated that the vita will be the last gameing handheld that is not a phone. Sony just broke up with Ericson and is planing to make their own line of phones, cellphone chips are getting more powerfull each day...

But on the other hand, the vita is pritty big, you could almost consider it a 7 inch tablet with buttons, right? So maybe it somehow fits the current genneration in hardware.

So the PSP stuff dos not work on vita anymore? Or can you still play the PSP/PSone games you got on PSN?

There's about 275 PSP games that will work on the Vita (and apparently there are mapping options for the right stick to replicate face buttons or d-pad). And there's apparently more than do work but aren't officially supported or something. Not sure about PS1 games, I've heard that it both does and doesn't. Not got any myself to test.

IT'S SO PRETTY YOU GUYS I LOVE IT

Although I believe I've spent more time making wallpapers in a vain effort to make the GUI look less horrible (those bastard bubble icons!) than I have actually playing anything.

I heared a nice argument yesterday that stated that the vita will be the last gameing handheld that is not a phone. Sony just broke up with Ericson and is planing to make their own line of phones, cellphone chips are getting more powerfull each day...

But on the other hand, the vita is pritty big, you could almost consider it a 7 inch tablet with buttons, right? So maybe it somehow fits the current genneration in hardware.

So the PSP stuff dos not work on vita anymore? Or can you still play the PSP/PSone games you got on PSN?

There's the imminent threat, especially here in the US, of hitting a wall where we run out of wireless space for the data. So I don't know if the Vita's next evolution will be a phone since, quite simply, it will reduce their consumer base. Basically what is expected to happen in the US is people who can afford smartphones and big data plans are going to become less and less as prices increase and then normal plans will retain a lot of their basic functions but won't have any access to the neat technology that a lot of us think will become available to everyone soon. There's a lot on this coming event all over the internet and magazines, so I won't get into too much description of it, but I don't know if handheld gaming is headed purely in that direction.

Arrent Flatrates everywere? O2 even offers a Homeinternet and Smarphone internet flatrate in the same bundel by now. Transit caps and prices will fall... these days you can have basic DSL unlimited for under 20€, back in the day you had to pay per minute and for sending individual e-mails. :lol: