The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The thing I've found with MW3 is that all their big set pieces are so expected now that they feel kinda stale. Seeing all the ships when you climb on board the sub was good but otherwise they're a bit sterile. Probably because of events in the first couple it can't surprise you any more. From MW1 they showed you that they're willing to kill a playable character. In fact crawling out of the helicopter with the nuke going off in the first is still the best MW scene because you think "Maaaan, there's no way I'm surviving this...". The space station scene and the hopeless situation leading up to it in the firefight in MW2 is also great. I really felt for the space station guy. :crying:

Just got Uncharted 3 and the Metal SOlid HD Collection

Man the long ass cutscenes in Metal Gear just aren't as amusing when you already know the story. Still wanted to watch them to see what I forgot but jesus the scene before the fight against Solidus in 2 is just insane.

It's your own fault for playing the far inferior Sons of Liberty before playing Snake Eater.

I'm playing Peace Walker first since its the only one of the three I haven't played.

And ofncourse you play SoL first. Save the better Snake Eater for last

I was given a £35 PSN card for Christmas. I tend not to buy DLC so any ideas what to spend it on?

I only have a PS3, no PSP.

If RPGs are your thing, grab Costume Quest.

Multiplayer: grab NBA Jam: On Fire Edition or Castle Crashers.

Racing: Modnation Racers or Burnout Paradise (cannot understand why Paradise gets such hate. I've played this consistantly since it was released, something I could never claim for the previous Burnouts.)

All depends on your tastes, really. Just ask Quom.

That said, Gran Turismo 5 currently owns all rights to my very soul. I cannot *not* play that game; physically impossible. This is only exacerbated by now owning a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Damn friends and they're reading of my Xmas wishlist. :shifty:

Edited by The Midget

I know at the time a lot of people were dissatisfied with the lack of crash mode similar to that of the older games. That and the niggles associated with the whole free roam aspect early on like having to drive back to the start of races if you didn't win (which they later fixed).

I know at the time a lot of people were dissatisfied with the lack of crash mode similar to that of the older games. That and the niggles associated with the whole free roam aspect early on like having to drive back to the start of races if you didn't win (which they later fixed).

I definitely understand on the returning to start issue. Glad they fixed that. The open world, I actually enjoy immensely. Finding all the gates/jumps/billboards just gave me a huge reason to jump in for a few moments and see what I could do.

Why was I not playing the Uncharted games sooner? I am working on 2 right now and it is so amazing! I have taken to not even using my gun unless I have to and I feel so tough :)

I may get thrown in a train and tossed mostly off a cliff for this, but I just...can't...play the Uncharted games. The second one was the moment I felt like 3rd person action games had passed me by. Also, this.

I may get thrown in a train and tossed mostly off a cliff for this, but I just...can't...play the Uncharted games. The second one was the moment I felt like 3rd person action games had passed me by. Also, this.

You're not alone. Once those undead creatures started to appear I lost all interest.