The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Deadly Premonition 2 reviews are slamming it for an absolutely abysmal frame rate - the developer has been made aware and they have zero priority to fix it. So that's just a clear "don't bother" if I've ever seen one. I didn't expect much out of Deadly Premonition but they managed to slide under that bar even.

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I'm so excited to play DKC again next week! :D 

my grandpa had an snes while he was getting chemo and would call me and my brother to come over to beat levels for him.

• Like 3

I was going to say the eshop has always been a bit of a minefield, like I think there was a game called The Letter on Wii U that got a lot of negativity however many years ago but...yeah, danger wanking is a whole new low. Not just that, but over weird pictures, with a demon baby in the next seat over and a driver capable of spinning his head like Reagan from the exorcist?!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I was going to say the eshop has always been a bit of a minefield, like I think there was a game called The Letter on Wii U that got a lot of negativity however many years ago but...yeah, danger wanking is a whole new low. Not just that, but over weird pictures, with a demon baby in the next seat over and a driver capable of spinning his head like Reagan from the exorcist?!

You could sue with the amount they've ripped off your every day life.

The gaming world is apparently up in arms because Paper Mario Origami King doesn't have a standard EXP levelling up format, meaning it's more like Sticker Star than Thousand Year Door.

As one of the 99% of the world who didn't own a Wii U so never played it, what was so bad about Sticker Star?

2 hours ago, Ollie said:

You could sue with the amount they've ripped off your every day life.

That was never proven in a court of law.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

The gaming world is apparently up in arms because Paper Mario Origami King doesn't have a standard EXP levelling up format, meaning it's more like Sticker Star than Thousand Year Door.

As one of the 99% of the world who didn't own a Wii U so never played it, what was so bad about Sticker Star?

Nintendo fans are the worst in the world when it comes to bitching about this kind of stuff, dear god.

It just means that you don't get EXP from battles, you instead buy equippable items that boost your stats instead. If the game wasn't designed to function in that way it'd likely be a problem - but since it was designed with that system in mind, it'll be fine. If you need better stats to beat a portion that you're in, you'll have access to an item that'll boost you to the proper stats to complete that fight and I really don't see an issue with it.

• Like 1