The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

20 hours ago, Liam said:

I'm also tempted by the 3D Mario collection, but feel that is primarily because of it being time sensitive. I know that is pretty much what they were aiming for....yet still tempted.

I am 44 stars into Mario 64. Super fun. I feel like a lot was made over how it was simply a port and not a remake and how certain things needed to be changed (ie, the camera). But I am quite happy with three ports for the price of one game rather than substantial remakes that would increase the price. 

3 hours ago, RPS said:

I am 44 stars into Mario 64. Super fun. I feel like a lot was made over how it was simply a port and not a remake and how certain things needed to be changed (ie, the camera). But I am quite happy with three ports for the price of one game rather than substantial remakes that would increase the price. 

Of the 3, I've only ever played Galaxy. The opportunity to go back and play 64 is one of the temptations.

GOG which used to be Good Old Games is a site that originally offered old games that were pre-packaged to run on modern hardware. Everything was DRM free and you got stuff like scans of the original manuals, etc. along with them. They branded to GOG and eventually started offering modern games as well - though they kind of fall behind Steam in that regard because a lot of times developers will get patches and patches behind on submitting stuff to GOG vs. Steam or just forget about it entirely.

• Thanks 1