The England thread

• Admin

Ha, nice goal. Sterlings challenge was pathetic. Still find it pointless to call Berahino up if we won't play him in a friendly.

Even nice goal, another one from Rooney.

I can understand not fielding him in such a pressure cooker environment. Still good experience for him travelling and training with the squad.

• Admin
England will play friendlies against Germany and France in the build-up to Euro 2016.
These England matches will take place ahead of Euro 2016, with France set to visit Wembley on 17 November next year and the Germany game being held in March 2016.
The FA has already announced fixtures against Italy on 31 March and Republic of Ireland in Dublin on 7 June.
"It's very encouraging that our search for opposition in the international weeks has led to quality teams such as France, Spain and Germany - with Italy and the Republic of Ireland already announced for 2015," says England boss Roy Hodgson.
"They will complement the important Euro qualifiers which remain the top priority and we are taking nothing for granted."
The FA is also hopeful of arranging further games against European title-holders Spain and World Cup semi-finalists the Netherlands.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone understand the point of this England DNA Report or is it just another waste of The FAs money on PR bollocks?

Sounds like a load of corporate bullshit to me.

I'm guessing the whole point boils down to "we're a bit shit, we need to start playing better." Why it has taken over 50 years to come to this conclusion is anyone's guess.

It's a lot of buzzwords and big ideas but unless it actually gets implemented in Premier League academies, which it won't because their first priority is themselves, not the state of the national team. It is basically a waste of paper.

Everyone knows when picking a side at youth level, it goes

GK - kid with ADHD

Centre backs - two biggest fat kids

Centre midfield - two smallest kids

Wingers - two fastest kids

Striker - manager's son and manager's son's best mate

Full backs - whoever is left

Four four fucking two. If in doubt, launch it.

• Like 3

"As you know, we aren't funded to actually be provided with footballs and I've forgotten to bring mine from home so tonight's training will be you guys running around the field for an hour."