The England thread

It's tough, I guess. I'd take Abonglahor this season, but if I'm thinking about a long-term project, I'd probably pick Welbeck. I think that's what most managers really have a problem with. That being said, I do think we need to pick on form and choose our best team instead of a team full of our 'best players.' Honestly, at this point, I'd give Walcott a run down the middle. Let him have the big stage against Brazil and see if he steps it up. It's a great time to trial someone like that up to with a year before the World Cup and with a lack of strikers to pick from. If Lennon were in the squad, he could be just as effective on the right wing and we don't know how Walcott would fit in up top in this England team.

I also think that a lot of the players eligible should be playing for the England U21's instead of these kind of pointless friendlies. Get them some tournament experience, playing together and all that. Chamberlain, for example, would be much better off like that. I just think a lot of things need reevaluating.

• Like 1

He's still young, he's just been around forever.

Sturridge up top, Rooney behind him with Lennon and Walcott down the wings... I think that would be a pretty dangerous front line. Sturbridge could be as greedy as he wanted.

Hold on, playing two actual wingers on the wing? Two wingers who have both had excellent seasons? No, I won't stand for it. It needs more James Milner!

He's still young, he's just been around forever.

Sturridge up top, Rooney behind him with Lennon and Walcott down the wings... I think that would be a pretty dangerous front line. Sturbridge could be as greedy as he wanted.

Hold on, playing two actual wingers on the wing? Two wingers who have both had excellent seasons? No, I won't stand for it. It needs more James Milner!

Barry could still do a job on the LW.

How about Barry on the left and Milner on the right?

The Brazil game has been suspended due to safety concerns over the venue.

This has got to be the worst preparation for hosting a major sporting event ever. Brazil are rivalling Doha's Commonwealth Games here.

And imagine if it wasn't the major focus of the government. A shitload of money is being poured into this tournament, when millions of people struggle to find food, good education....

That's mainly because the rest of the world is playing catch up. Though Robert Drysdale has won a world title previously.

My head instructor Braulio Estima, his brother Victor and one of my training partners are currently in LA for the 2013 World championships.