The England thread

That's mainly because the rest of the world is playing catch up. Though Robert Drysdale has won a world title previously.

My head instructor Braulio Estima, his brother Victor and one of my training partners are currently in LA for the 2013 World championships.

Front row seats?

So, It's going to be a dull 1-1 where we open the score and people get all excited and then England scores in the end. You guys walk out thinking it was a good result, 90% of the population of Brazil starts to think we're going to lose on group stages at the Confederations Cup.

No point playing if Welbeck can't play. We have no chance without that work rate.

You are forgetting about super James Milner!!

Yeah, can't stand him for England. He is wasted out wide and it's just part of a very negative formation which basically sees us double up defensively on one wing, instead of showing ambition by playing two actual wingers on either side. I'd happily see him played down the middle, but as he doesn't play there for City, I can't see him ever forcing his way into that position for England. So I think he's just very pointless for England. His goal return is pretty awful and I genuinely can't remember one good game he's had.

Oh definitely, I don't think he's ever looked decent as an out and out orthodox winger. Left or right of a front three at a push, but we've got quicker players to do that. Middle of the park every time, still ahead of Cleverly and Wilshere for me.

Not for me. If he can't play there for his club, I wouldn't have him there for England. If he wants to be a major player for England in that position, he'd need to move on from City for me, which just won't happen. I'd have a large number of wingers in ahead of him, and I'd only play if him for the defensive job - but, even then, I'm not that keen on that way of playing.

Brazil: Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Filipe Luis; Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred.

#eng: Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Jones, Carrick, Lampard, Milner; Rooney, Walcott.

Slight difference in the quality of the starting 11's, but we'll see how we get on. Walcott up front in exciting. Our starting midfield? Not as much. Jones supposedly has the job of marking Neymar.