General Television Thread

Hellfire

Castiel has providing for some of the funniest scenes in Supernatural so I am glad they are keeping him around at least. I've really gotten into him and it is nice he is around, I do wish they continued with the heaven/hell stuff and helped Castiel get heaven in order and possibly leads to Castiel becoming an arch angel or something.

Yeah, they already killed off any chance of Dean having a normal life seeing as he tried for a year (but still did an odd job) and then got sucked right back into it. It wouldn't make any sense if Dean went to a normal life. I could see Dean somehow sacrificing himself to save Sam and the world, but I would think Sam will just continue to hunt after that. I'm sure they will come up with a fitting end whether this is the last season or they give us another either way, they generally do.

I agree with lack of ghost, but we got dragons and faeries! The two things the brothers didn't believe in.

It's just a shame that Dragons and Fairy's were the two lamest monsters yet. >_> And I'm glad they finished the Heaven/Hell stuff. Two series of Angels fucking them over and Sam and Dean bitching and moaning about how they're going to FIGHT THEIR DESTINY was plenty for me.

I seem to actually watch more MST3k than anything else now. Over the weekend I watched, Manos, The Giant Spider Invasion, Revenge of the Creature and part of Fugitive Alien.

It's just a shame that Dragons and Fairy's were the two lamest monsters yet. >_> And I'm glad they finished the Heaven/Hell stuff. Two series of Angels fucking them over and Sam and Dean bitching and moaning about how they're going to FIGHT THEIR DESTINY was plenty for me.

Well, I have a feeling we may see more dragons throughout this season, at least the two that did the summoning so they can redeem themselves.

oh man oh man oh man an entire episode of Greek based around Beaver. I love it!

Loved that episode, Beav is my favorite character on the show, by far.

And I haven't seen all of the week episode, but the girl that Rusty kissed is obvious, right?

Edited by Colossus

oh man oh man oh man an entire episode of Greek based around Beaver. I love it!

Loved that episode, Beav is my favorite character on the show, by far.

And I haven't seen all of the week episode, but the girl that Rusty kissed is obvious, right?

Yeah but they do a decent job of letting doubt creep in.

Any UK'ers watched Charlie Brooker's new Tuesday show How TV ruined your life? It's bloody excellent, it's essentially newswipe/screenwipe but with themed episodes. Tis excellent.

I'm liking it, but it's no Screenwipe. I love Charlie Brooker, have done since TV Go Home, so I'll watch/read anything and everything he does, and it has been very good, but it just seems like a lot of disparate ideas that may as well have gone in episodes of Screenwipe anyway, it's not like the tone of the show is drastically different, and even just two episodes in it seems likely that the "theme" tying the episode together will get pretty tenuous as it goes on. That's a minor complaint, really, for the most part it's very good - I even warmed to the Kevin Eldon "youth oriented sitcom" parody, though largely for Eldon's downbeat interview threatening suicide at the end...it was the best possible play-off.

So...yeah, good, but not Brooker's best. But still, Brooker's worst is better than most comedians' best these days.

Count me in on the "watching more MST3K" list too, though that's been the case for a couple of months now.

And, to add to a discussion from ten pages ago (:shifty:), as I never visit this thread; Ross > Chandler > Joey. Joey is a disturbing character - a sex-pest, with the outlook and morals of a child. Chandler loses it in later series, as he becomes less neurotic and desperate (though does still get the wonderful exchange of, "Did your dad ever hug you Chandler?", "no...did he hug you?"), and as his character becomes horribly self-referential; rather than making cheesy jokes, he makes jokes about how Chandler makes jokes. H'wha?

Someone said that Ross becomes a bumbling self-parody towards the end, but that's why he's brilliant! Early on, Ross is dull as ditchwater, and I could never give a toss about "Ross and Rachel" as this grand, epic romance. In the later seasons, his life turns to shit, and he becomes so lonely and neurotic and bizarre that you begin to suspect that he might actually be mentally ill. Friends watched as a study in the decline of Ross' sanity and social standing is genius......that's probably why I'd never be trusted to write a prime-time sitcom :shifty:

I also never really "got" Seinfeld, but love Curb.

I just saw that Norm MacDonald will host a new Comedy Central show called Sports Show and he will be the new host of High Stakes Poker on GSN. I'm guessing that Sports Show will be shown back-to-back with the Onion SportsDome. I'm pretty pumped for SportsShow because it will at least guarantee another appearance by Norm on Conan.

• Like 1

And, to add to a discussion from ten pages ago (:shifty:), as I never visit this thread; Ross > Chandler > Joey. Joey is a disturbing character - a sex-pest, with the outlook and morals of a child. Chandler loses it in later series, as he becomes less neurotic and desperate (though does still get the wonderful exchange of, "Did your dad ever hug you Chandler?", "no...did he hug you?"), and as his character becomes horribly self-referential; rather than making cheesy jokes, he makes jokes about how Chandler makes jokes. H'wha?

Someone said that Ross becomes a bumbling self-parody towards the end, but that's why he's brilliant! Early on, Ross is dull as ditchwater, and I could never give a toss about "Ross and Rachel" as this grand, epic romance. In the later seasons, his life turns to shit, and he becomes so lonely and neurotic and bizarre that you begin to suspect that he might actually be mentally ill. Friends watched as a study in the decline of Ross' sanity and social standing is genius......that's probably why I'd never be trusted to write a prime-time sitcom :shifty:

Yes, this is the correct order. Ross is practically the only good thing about the show in the last 5 or 6 seasons, I'd wager, because he''s completely mental - and even in the first few when it's generally less in-your-face and a better all around program, I like his subtler comedy more than the obvious jokes. But still, I think everyone's pretty funny in the first two seasons.

Last night's Episodes.

I admit I did laugh at the gate scene at the end, but for a supposed comedy it simply is not funny.

The fact that that joke has been visited 4 UNFUNNY times in 2 episodes, is beyond me. And the fact that they don't know what character Matt LeBlanc wants to be on the show is another fucking point of idiocy. Seriously, he played like 3 different characters in that episode.

The show is indecisive, not funny, and downright spiteful in the worst way. "Do you think Lacrosse is too... Lacrossey?" Fuck you.

I just watched episodes 2 and 3. I'll continue to watch to see where it goes, but I am irked by pretty much all of the same things. All of the characters are extremes instead of having a main character that is reasonable and in the middle. Sean seems to have no loyalty and will just go along with whatever the person he is currently talking to wants. Beverly is too stubborn to be likable and doesn't seem to want any creative input. LeBlanc has good ideas for the show, but never bothers to explain anything to Beverly and just seems to want to one-up her (there seems to be some sexual tension between the two). Marc Lapidus (network executive) seems to have no redeeming qualities and is incompetent overall. Carol seems to be the only character that is progressing positively (not wanting Pucks! to get canceled and she is starting to distance herself from Lapidus).

Watching the opening of the first episode again (seven weeks in the future), Beverly is leaving, one day before the end of shooting, because Sean is having an affair with Morning. She then gets in her car and crashes into LeBlanc. They also reference "being on the wrong side" which Sean says when he talks about being on the same side as LeBlanc. Sean has also taken up surfing. I have a feeling that Sean is innocent and Beverly is just crazy.

If there is one character that we end up relating to. I think it will be LeBlanc.

Called it.

Finally got around to watching The Chicago Code, really enjoyed it. I like that Shawn Ryan is working the other way, doing a show against corruption after his run on The Shield. Wondering how much Fox will let them get away with, can't help but feeling that they could have had a legitimate successor to The Shield if it ran on FX.

Into the 3rd season of "Greek" tonight. Jordan's just left. :( Rusty always gets the fittest girls. Although, it's that hat which does it for Jordan. I love girls in hats. There's actually probably some sort of fetish about that, but girls in hats are hot (open area for weather/she should take off her hat then, jokes). :shifty:

Edited by YI