UFC News and Discussion Thread

Yeah I thought people here were smart enough not to say things like "should have been a split decision". Why would any judge think "well I think X won the fight, but the other judges probably did too so I'll give it to Y"?

:rolleyes: For the second time that isn't what I meant which should be fairly bloody obvious. Again because clearly you skipped my post so it didn't ruin your trolling, what I meant was that if you asked three people who were watching the fight objectively I'm amazed that at least one of them wouldn't give it to Diaz.

Octagon control was Diaz for all five rounds, Effective striking Diaz had at least two rounds, grappling Diaz had more take downs which was pretty much the only grappling although Condit did stop a takedown, aggressiveness - Diaz stalked him around the octagon with his hands at his waist, defence - depends on how you judge it, walking into a fighter with your hands down isn't defensive but at the same time it shows that you aren't at risk (when you don't get hit).

The point for the third time is that I'm amazed that 3/3 judges would give it so comprehensively to Condit, not that I think they should have had a quick chat about it and one of them give Diaz a pity decision. Like I said when they read them scores out I was sure that Diaz had it.

Effective striking - Condit had a higher percentage of shots landed than Diaz

Grapping - Diaz's one 'takedown' was more luck than skill. Condit also stuffed one

Aggression - Condit threw more strikes than Diaz

Octogon Control - Condit let Diaz have the centre of the cage but all the time Diaz was playing into Condit's gameplan, not vice versa.

• Like 2

Effective striking - Condit had a higher percentage of shots landed than Diaz

Grapping - Diaz's one 'takedown' was more luck than skill. Condit also stuffed one

Aggression - Condit threw more strikes than Diaz

Octogon Control - Condit let Diaz have the centre of the cage but all the time Diaz was playing into Condit's gameplan, not vice versa.

And Bingo was his nameo.

That's a perfect breakdown.

I can see why Diaz was pissed off with the fight though. Condit claimed he was going to knock him out, and then spent the entire fight moving away from him, sometimes even turning his back on him. Condit was fighting for a decision, which while smart, isn't exactly entertaining and wasn't what I was expecting to see from him. It's definitely not what Diaz was expecting to see from him either. Condit won, but it was hardly in dominating fashion. Yeah, he hit a lot of strikes, but when his opponent has his hands down and is telling him to throw them, they don't look all that impressive. But that's on Diaz for being stupid and allowing himself to take so many clean shots.

From his comments, it seems like Diaz doesn't want to bother fighting guys who aren't actually going to try and finish a fight. Seems like he feels that if he just has to chase someone around the cage for the entire fight and try to goad them into hitting him, it's not worth his time. If he sticks around though, I expect him to get the winner of GSP/Condit, provided he wins whatever fight he takes on before that.

It isn't like Condit wasn't throwing power shots though, those spinning elbows were vicious. Condit just knew that Diaz wanted to corner him and unload a bunch of punches at once like Diaz does best and except for that one time Condit defended it perfectly. If anything, I thought Condit controlled the cage much better then Diaz for the simple fact that 90%of the time the fight was happening where Condit wanted, not Diaz.

Just caught it. That was moany. I think when even the commentators are saying early on he needs to do something to win it his corner should have been saying the same.

Disturbingly agree with mph on the unanimous or not thing, its the closeness of the scores that should show a close fight, not whether one judge disagrees. Surely that just shows inconsistent marking?

If Diaz truly retires from MMA for those reasons, that the guys won't 'fight' him, he's going to have a fun time boxing. I found it interesting that Diaz never really changed up his gameplan, hard to tell whether that was down Condit being too evasive or if Diaz was just being stubborn, 50% success rate with his takedowns showed that it could've been something he should've tried more often, especially when he occasionally had him pinned against the cage.

In regards to the other fights, how fucking tough is Roy Nelson? Jesus christ, some of those knees were brutal. Werdum/Mir would be a good fight. Koscheck/Pierce fight was pretty shit, and probably a more contentious decision than the main event, feel like Herb Dean should've deducted a point for the poking, what's the point in giving a warning if it leads to an eye poke and is only punished with another warning? Caceres got a 2 point deduction. Different in a way but still a little inconsistent.

I'm usually not the most violent MMA-fan out there and usually I hope for both guys to make it out of a fight without serious injuries. This will be a first in which I hope Condit breaks something in Diaz. An arm, a leg, his nose... even his neck. Just end the whiner's career please. This rematch shouldn't happen now. It should be Condit vs GSP and Diaz vs ? (winner Ellenberger vs Sanchez?) for n°1 contendership.

I'm usually not the most violent MMA-fan out there and usually I hope for both guys to make it out of a fight without serious injuries. This will be a first in which I hope Condit breaks something in Diaz. An arm, a leg, his nose... even his neck. Just end the whiner's career please. This rematch shouldn't happen now. It should be Condit vs GSP and Diaz vs ? (winner Ellenberger vs Sanchez?) for n°1 contendership.

Wow.

It's because GSP is out till November and Condit needs something to do. Why he couldn't face someone like Jake Ellenberger/Diego Sanchez in the summer, I don't know.

Get fucked.

• Like 2