UFC News and Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Ferguson absolutely deserves a lightweight title shot now, but he better hope that Khabib Nurmagomedov loses next Saturday night, because if Khabib beats Michael Johnson, there is no chance in hell that Khabib will blow his post-fight interview the way Ferguson did, and Khabib will talk his way into a title fight that really should go to Ferguson. I like Ferguson a lot and I was hoping he would win because he has deserved a title shot for some time, but I couldn't believe that after a big win over the former lightweight champion, he said virtually nothing at all, especially at time when, now more than than ever, a good post-fight interview can play a big part in whether you get the fight you want and deserve. Whether that it is fair or not is immaterial because that's how the game is played now, so you better learn to play it or you'll lose out and Tony Ferguson may have just lost out, big time.

I don't so much disagree with that but Ferguson will be fine simply because I don't believe anybody in this division barring possibly Khabib or the champion can beat this guy right now (I'd have him winning over Alvarez, while the Khabib fight would come down to whether Khabib could out wrestle him and keep him down IMO). 

Personally I didn't like McGregor getting the title shot what so ever when they had two genuine contenders waiting (it seemed clear the plan was Khabib/Alvarez and Ferguson/RDA with the winners then fighting each other), but fuck me I'd love to see McGregor/Ferguson. The build would be incredible and the fight itself would be the same. Ferguson is ridiculous right now, incredible what he did to RDA at the weekend, easily one of the most exciting fighters to watch.

Am I the only one who thinks that even after a victory, Diego needs to stop fighting. He just really looks horrible physically every time he steps in the octagon. Not out of shape but I just feel like the constant shots to the head are doing some major damage to his brain.

Miesha just announced that she's retiring after this. Crazy that's she's only thirty, but she has been doing this for a decade, and honestly, if she can, why not retire after a career like that? Nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion, and I hope she sticks to it if she really does. 

Didn't get to see it because the pub I've been going to cancelled the UFC sometime in the past month. Stayed for the preliminaries and to confirm that it wasn't on, before I left.

Probably for the best that I missed the main card, or I'd have been feeling ragey about the winner of the main event. <_<

Prelims were fun though but sadly I guess that's the end of this run I've had watching the UFC, until another venue picks it up again at some point down the line(because eff paying $49.95aud a month for the events).