UFC News and Discussion Thread

21 hours ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

I don't think they've made any fighter do that.

Also, in case anyone's wondering how come Cowboy's been out of action for so long, he's got a fight with Masvidal next month in Colorado, ending his incredibly long layoff of about 5 five weeks.

Wasn't that the one he asked for after the last show and Dana said no? :D 

14 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Oh hey it looks like Khabib and Tony Ferguson are fighting for the interim 155lbs belt at UFC 209. Pandering to Conor McGregor has fucked everything up. Way to go Dana. 

This one has absolutely nothing to do with Conor. This is all on the UFC and their belief that they need a title fight to headline a PPV. That's the reason for this. It's also why they stripped Conor of the featherweight title when they did and why they didn't wait for Cyborg over the creation of the women's featherweight title.

3 hours ago, Vince Russo said:

This one has absolutely nothing to do with Conor. This is all on the UFC and their belief that they need a title fight to headline a PPV. That's the reason for this. It's also why they stripped Conor of the featherweight title when they did and why they didn't wait for Cyborg over the creation of the women's featherweight title.

I mean, it does. As soon as they let Conor move up to fight Nate Diaz, they created this two division logjam. And now they're eliminating one legitimate contender in a pointless match. Also, when Conor gets back, what are the chances that he trilogies Nate Diaz first?

I agree with you about the UFC suddenly making pointless title fights because they're short of available contenders right now. But that's what happens when two divisions are left in limbo for so long. 

• Like 1

Great to see Faber win on the way out and for Sage to prove once again how unready he is for the "push" (and money) he's been getting. I'm sad that Paige lost but Michelle Waterson looked far better than I expected after her lay-off.

A while ago I said that fighters should make more of an effort to promote their fights, well Cody Garbrandt sure proved me wrong. Dominick Cruz just completely trolled him, managed to somehow get him to admit to a public assault backstage at UFC 202, and then got him to ask "who did [Cruz] ever beat?" after Cruz had spent the whole time talking about how he'd defeated so many of his Alpha Male team mates. It was quite hilarious.

13 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Great to see Faber win on the way out and for Sage to prove once again how unready he is for the "push" (and money) he's been getting. I'm sad that Paige lost but Michelle Waterson looked far better than I expected after her lay-off.

A while ago I said that fighters should make more of an effort to promote their fights, well Cody Garbrandt sure proved me wrong. Dominick Cruz just completely trolled him, managed to somehow get him to admit to a public assault backstage at UFC 202, and then got him to ask "who did [Cruz] ever beat?" after Cruz had spent the whole time talking about how he'd defeated so many of his Alpha Male team mates. It was quite hilarious.

That was probably my favorite part of that whole thing. I love Dominic Cruz and I can't wait to see him steamroll Garbrandt. This show was actually pretty fun. The prelims weren't great outside of the Leslie Smith fight but the main card was fun.

On 18 December 2016 at 20:10, Chris2K said:

Eh, so what if he ends up looking ridiculous, that back and forth has been played over and over again everywhere. It's kind of like what Jeremy Stephens did, obviously on a much much smaller scale, but people are at least talking about it.